WANTED- Balance bike

Matt_

I Get Jokes
thats my other option- 12" wheeled bike and remove pedals

That's how I started JT. Found it to be an easier transition to pedals since he was used to the handling. Pretty sure I still have his original 12" bike somewhere...

458164_324693730912557_1603702751_o-1.jpg

RobW

That's how I started JT. Found it to be an easier transition to pedals since he was used to the handling. Pretty sure I still have his original 12" bike somewhere...

View attachment 96415
I think it’s the economical way to start. I brought him to shop and he sat on one. Immediately put his feet on pedals and was trying to push down. He’s just a peanut still at a whopping 20 lbs haha so it’ll probably be best without them

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I'll second this. Balance bikes or bikes with the pedals removed are the way to go. Hands down. My son went from a Strider and learned to ride a 2 wheel pedal bike at age 3. My neighbors kid was a little older and really struggling. They took the pedals off and within a couple hours the kid got it. They learn the balance first and then pedaling is just natural.

roc

I'll second this. Balance bikes or bikes with the pedals removed are the way to go. Hands down. My son went from a Strider and learned to ride a 2 wheel pedal bike at age 3. My neighbors kid was a little older and really struggling. They took the pedals off and within a couple hours the kid got it. They learn the balance first and then pedaling is just natural.
100%, best thing for a kid learning.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
@RobW found the bike. It's yours if you want it... has a pretty good track record...

I'm 4 for 4 with my kids via this method. My son was on 2 wheels before his 3rd bday, and all my girls before their 4th.

Screenshot_20180815-102036_Video Player.jpg

By 5 JT was going over logs bigger than most adults would try, on 20" rigid and flat pedals. (Yeah proud papa for sure)

20181105_071330.jpg
Screenshot_20181006-131133_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20181226-182214_Video Player.jpg

Matt_

I Get Jokes
@Matt_ how can I say no? I can’t! What’s your weekend looking like?

Saturday will be in Hamilton in the afternoon for a bit helping clear out my parents house.
Sunday we'll be at Bear Creek for the MTB race.... should be back late afternoon.

Top Bottom