Wanted: ANY single DIN Headunit

ChrisRU

The time is near to offload my hooptie. I need to pull the stereo out of it, as its worth more than the car. I'll hopefully negotiate a decent trade in sight unseen again. But if they insist on looking i'd I'd like to having something in the dash. It would also be nice to having something to listen to other than gaping the exhaust hole on the way to the final send off.

I'll take anything the has some speaker level outs and am/fm. Cassette or cd deck would be a bonus. Let me know what you have and what you want for it.

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Oh man take me back to the single din days.

Sadly I think I threw one out when I moved :(

RobW

I have one- its in storage. what would you pay for this?- I think I saw 85 bucks on ebay last month.. It was used for maybe 2 months. Also comes with iPod adapter however it's the older connection, so an iPhone 4 if you have old music you want to listen to. IMG_5169.JPG

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have one- its in storage. ehat would you pay for this? It was used for maybe 2 months. Also comes with iPod adapter however it's the older connection, so an iPhone 4 if you have old music you want to listen to. View attachment 48569
I think $20 and fire is a little rich for this one.

ChrisRU

@Flaubert, thanks, but that's more than what I'd be looking for. I'm basically looking for a cardboard cutout display piece to stick the dash for the purpose of getting rid of the car. Something long forgotten in a box in someone's garage somewhere.

My budget is somewhere between free and trade for a six pack since it looks like you can get new functional headunits for <$20 these days. I'm also not opposed to trading in the car radioless, it wouldn't be the first time.

jnos

I'll check the collection in my basement...should have something worth about a six pack.

qclabrat

gosh, this feels so old school
car stereos are by far the worst investment ever
I might have something as well, but its really deep somewhere in storage, if I find something, will let you know

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@ChrisRU I have a pioneer cd/radio out of my 67 mustang, you can have it...Im replacing it as its too antiquated for my 67 mustang (no bluetooth, no aux) Remind me to bring it to the ST race this weekend

ChrisRU

lol at car stereo and investment in the same sentence.

Sold! @UtahJoe I'll try to remember to shoot you a text Saturday. The deck i'm pulling out is a ~3ish year old Alpine with bluetooth, aux in, hd radio etc. If that's in line with what you'd be looking for we can work something out. I'll be pulling a 2 channel amp and front components too if you need speakers.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
lol at car stereo and investment in the same sentence.

Sold! @UtahJoe I'll try to remember to shoot you a text Saturday. The deck i'm pulling out is a ~3ish year old Alpine with bluetooth, aux in, hd radio etc. If that's in line with what you'd be looking for we can work something out. I'll be pulling a 2 channel amp and front components too if you need speakers.

Actually im going to put in something vintage looking with the old style two posts.

qclabrat

Actually im going to put in something vintage looking with the old style two posts.
If you are getting the RetroSound headunits, let me know what you think of it.
They look really cool and know it's all modernized, but not sure of the sound and ease of use
g068RETRO2C-F.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you are getting the RetroSound headunits, let me know what you think of it.
They look really cool and know it's all modernized, but not sure of the sound and ease of use
g068RETRO2C-F.jpg
something along those lines, we'll see, long way from that yet

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lear jet... Thats interesting considering Bill Lear did start Motorola which was originally a car radio company

Reactions: rlb
Top Bottom