Wanted: A Coach

RJ Robinson

Im a 35yo who is just getting into mountain biking. I'm looking for a coach to help me train, and unlearn any bad habits.

Things I am interested in. Wheelies / manuals, going fast, bunny hops, getting over logs, eventually going off some jumps, and drops, and getting some air.

I know that time is money. :)

qclabrat

It's 2017 and everything is available online. Instruction is supposed to be pretty darn good but certainly a different track than personal coaching.

https://www.ryanleech.com/

I hear the 30 day wheelie challenge from Ryan is pretty good. Personally I would not waste my money with a personal coach on wheelies, take the $30 lesson from Ryan instead. There's so much more to learn between body position and handling skills that are way more important than being able to do a parking lot wheelie.

where you located? Ben's got folks around the state who are equally great

Gnick

Im a 35yo who is just getting into mountain biking. I'm looking for a coach to help me train, and unlearn any bad habits.

Things I am interested in. Wheelies / manuals, going fast, bunny hops, getting over logs, eventually going off some jumps, and drops, and getting some air.

I know that time is money. :)
im 33 and was in your shoes about 8 months ago. just started mountain biking and got hooked real quick. I started out on my own wanting to learn manuals wheelies etc, and did a short session with biknben mainly covering body positioning, how to lift your wheels, and cornering. I took that stuff and just rode the shit out of my bike. i did lots of the same drills that he did with us in my back yard until I was super comfortable with everything. After that I just started watching videos on how to do manuals and wheelies, bunny hop. I can now wheelie 20-30ft, manual a few feet, and bunny hop over a cinder block (the short side haha). manuals and wheelies are extremely important on the trail. I'm not saying im a great mtb rider and I'll probably never be one. However, the more i learn, the more fun I have. look up videos by skills with phil. the cornering ones REALLY helped me. i also built some skinnys in my back yard to practice that, and a small kicker ramp (sethsbikehacks) that has started to get me comfortable with leaving the ground. practice practice practice man. Do stuff at home, and every time you hit the trail make it a priority to focus on something.

Top Bottom