Want to ride mooch Sat. morn?

pedals

I really want to ride mooch, but need someone who knows how to get around there. Maybe 7a-8a ish. I'm a bit slow on the climbs, but otherwise can hold my own. My only request is to keep it movin....

EpicRidr

I might be up for that

I like to go in from the Tranquility side, hit Ice Cream, maybe some of the trails by the lake, and Cardiac Bypass on the way back out. You know me - I'm not fast either. PM me if you like.

pedals

That sounds good to me. Do you know how many miles that is? What time is good for you?

EpicRidr

10 - 12, a couple hours give or take

Let's say wheels down by 8AM. I like to park at that little pull-off right on 517 as you're going north from rte 80, rather than at the lot up the farm road. Good?

jackx

Hi Guys,

I have not had a chance to ride from the Tranquility side yet. Can I join your ride? If so, please let me know where to park. I am familiar with the lot by the white trailhead at Tranquility Farm Ln / Stuyvestant Rd, but I am not familiar with the pull-out off 517.

Thanks!

pedals

If you are going towards Tranq. from rt. 80, past the gas sta..it is abt. a mile on your right. It's just a small dirt parking spot. I have a white truck. See you at 8a!

pedals

Thanks for the ride today Chris and John. My knee hurts, but will be ok. Next time hopefully it will be cooler and I won't have to go for a swamp swim!

JerseyPete

What way did you go up? I believe I took purple (Cardiac?) up to an unmarked trail which led to roller coaster type boulders (rollie pollie/lump bumpy?). Is there streams or lakes up there to jump in after the climb?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What way did you go up? I believe I took purple (Cardiac?) up to an unmarked trail which led to roller coaster type boulders (rollie pollie/lump bumpy?). Is there streams or lakes up there to jump in after the climb?

Rollie and no water to play in but great down hills for sure...

pedals

We went up the white, which leads to purple. Did we see you? There were a few out there today. It would've been nice to jump into a lake today !

JerseyPete

Rollie and no water to play in but great down hills for sure...

The downhill flow was great!

We went up the white, which leads to purple. Did we see you? There were a few out there today. It would've been nice to jump into a lake today !

I was there last Wednesday after work. I wondered what trails lead up to there. I was just going where ever and came upon it. A pond or a pool would be good. A pond would be good for me.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions