Walking Dead Jumping the Shark?

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I realize that one needs to suspend a fair amount of disbelief to enjoy the show, but man, things are getting real dumb.

gtluke

The Moped
Half way through reading The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham I realized I'm reading the walking dead with plants. The whole opening sequence is actually the same too.
I gave up on walking dead after they were in the jail. Whatever season that was.
@Norm you read this one?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
was it the RPG used indoors?
The timing of the garbage truck arrival?
The Koral not getting eaten?
The other kid not getting eaten?

Wait until Dwight's gambit with Eugene next week.

Reactions: w_b

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a daughter who lives and dies and did the WDcomacom last year. Even she has said this year is lame.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Half way through reading The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham I realized I'm reading the walking dead with plants. The whole opening sequence is actually the same too.
I gave up on walking dead after they were in the jail. Whatever season that was.
@Norm you read this one?

Negative. Never heard of it actually. I’m having problems finding Amy time to read these days but if you bring it Saturday maybe I’ll try.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
was it the RPG used indoors?
The timing of the garbage truck arrival?
The Koral not getting eaten?
The other kid not getting eaten?

Wait until Dwight's gambit with Eugene next week.

It was also:

Neegan and his inner circle standing exposed on a loading dock, but instead of the 100 people with automatics mowing them down, they had a 5 minute big dick conversation.

Gabrielle getting locked up with Neegan with a fully loaded M4, but doesn't shoot Neegan.

The tiger

The Ma Deuce .50 cal that has no recoil, a whose bullets just bounce of the jeep instead of ripping it in half.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm going to say that this thread is the sign that Winter Is Officially Here for MTBNJ.com

I wanted to like the show, but found the first season to be way too slow and I just could not suspend my disbelief enough to go along with it.

Sometimes shows are too successful and they'll just keep making season after season. The Simpsons is still on TV. Has it been relevant after...2003?

walter

Fourth Party
I don't watch the show, but for the longest time my wife and oldest daughter were sunday night regulars. They don't watch anymore. I think, for most folks, Negan killed it for them.

w_b

It was also:

Neegan and his inner circle standing exposed on a loading dock, but instead of the 100 people with automatics mowing them down, they had a 5 minute big dick conversation.

Gabrielle getting locked up with Neegan with a fully loaded M4, but doesn't shoot Neegan.

The tiger

The Ma Deuce .50 cal that has no recoil, a whose bullets just bounce of the jeep instead of ripping it in half.

Fiddy gon fuk evryting it hits

mwlikesbikes

I still want to know where they are getting all the gas they waste on their vehicles. Nobody is running a refinery that I can tell, gas goes bad eventually.

That being said, Rosita blowing up that dude was pretty cool...

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I still want to know where they are getting all the gas they waste on their vehicles. Nobody is running a refinery that I can tell, gas goes bad eventually.

That being said, Rosita blowing up that dude was pretty cool...

It was cool, but…. I’m willing to suspend the disbelief that shooting any kind of gun right next to someone else, never mind inside, is not going to result in ears ringing for the next hour and people shouting at each other during a conversation to be heard. This is acceptable because every TV show and action movie, from the dawn of time, suspends this rule. Blowing an RPG round 15feet away from you inside a garage will kill you dead though. Not a drop of blood or guts on her, and they’re all carrying on conversations in hushed tones afterwards.

Patrick

Staff member
It was cool, but…. I’m willing to suspend the disbelief that shooting any kind of gun right next to someone else, never mind inside, is not going to result in ears ringing for the next hour and people shouting at each other during a conversation to be heard. This is acceptable because every TV show and action movie, from the dawn of time, suspends this rule. Blowing an RPG round 15feet away from you inside a garage will kill you dead though. Not a drop of blood or guts on her, and they’re all carrying on conversations in hushed tones afterwards.

and a simple flash-bang disables everyone.

Patrick

Staff member
i bet carl is at home, not at the designated meeting point, if something went wrong.....

gtluke

The Moped
Finished The Day of the Triffids, Walking Dead ripped it off chapter by chapter till they left the farm. Which is when Walking dead started to get dumb.
It's really the same damn story with one more element, most of the people aren't dead, they are blind. But there are still zombies. The real survivors are those who can still see, and have to deal with zombies, and the blind people they are caring for.

rick81721

Lothar
Never watched a single episode, and have no desire to do so. However, wifey and I are binge watching Dexter. Up to middle of season 4, pretty good so far.

Top Bottom