Virginia Beach area

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So im going to be in the Virginia Beach area for work next week, and since wev had such a washout of weather here lately have been thinking to bring a bike with me, question is which bike? road bike it always rideable, but mtn bike is more fun so does anyone have any experience with places to ride a mtn bike in the area?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Road bike 100% unless you plan to drive to trails. Williamsburg has some great riding (Freedom Park and College Woods) but Va Beach has nearly nothing trail-wise. Richmond's James River Park is great too.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
we are driving down so i have my car if i wanted to drive to trials, only question would be how much time do i have after work to drive vs how far any trails are.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i like richmond a lot but i think it's like 2 hours away from virginia beach... not sure it's worth a drive for what's there unless you're actually passing thru richmond.

(ironically we're headed to richmond this weekend)

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
no probably not for an afterwork spin, roadbike is looking better and better unfortunately.

Supermoto

I'm heading down there next month. I was planning on bringing the fat bike to ride on the beach in morning.

Top Bottom