Video Of Single Bicycle Crashes At Skewed Rail Crossing

Dingo

Happened to me 30+ years ago. Ridgedale Ave in East Hanover. These were the new style rubber crossings. Front wheel got sucked in and sent me down hard. I held the bars straight but the quill rotated in the fork. I have the scars to prove it, just can't find them because of the mtb scars.....

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
There's one like this in the sourlands but I forget what the name of the road is... is it 601 by Grandview?

Awful spot. You lose the shoulder, tracks go across on an angle with a decent gap for the tracks, cars are coming through at 50 mph.

Great spot for mid-afternoon riding.

rick81721

Lothar
Awful spot. You lose the shoulder, tracks go across on an angle with a decent gap for the tracks, cars are coming through at 50 mph.

Great spot for mid-afternoon riding.

I've been over that one many times, never had a problem. Maybe someone buttered the tracks in that video

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
There's one like this in the sourlands but I forget what the name of the road is... is it 601 by Grandview?

I know 2 people that ended up in the hospital after being knocked unconscious there. My Dr. was hit by a car on the backside of that one too. That didn't end well.

Top Bottom