Very nice

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's been some time since I have ridden here (like 10yrs. or more) but gotta say very impressed with what I rode today. Followed IDBrians route to a tee which brought me through stone gate, devils staircase, the wall, and cascade and what ever the other names are, but no turtle, though it now looks like I rode pass it. Much more then I remember and some that I did, I have done races there in mid 90's on both sides so why no more races? Rock gardens left me with battered and shredded poor excuses tires when are tire companies gonna step-up to the 29er movement espiecially here in jagged rocky east...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I thought you followed directions to a tee, and was wondering what tee...:rofl: duh!
had to read it twice.

i had the same experience when i rode there recently, a lot of good stuff, not the mostly fire road crap i remembered from my ventures there about 5 yrs ago.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
sides so why no more races? Rock gardens left me with battered and shredded poor excuses tires when are tire companies gonna step-up to the 29er movement espiecially here in jagged rocky east...

Let's see...in 29er form I've ran Conti Mtn Kings, Rampages, and Nanoraptors @ MDR....never had a durability issue with any of them. And hauling around my finnesse-free 200+ lb carcass puts them through the wringer...

I couldn't tell you why there haven't been races there in recent years; maybe Shaggz can chime in and elaborate. I imagine parking would be a challenge...

i had the same experience when i rode there recently, a lot of good stuff, not the mostly fire road crap i remembered from my ventures there about 5 yrs ago.

And you didn't stop by and say hi? :cry::cry:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let's see...in 29er form I've ran Conti Mtn Kings, Rampages, and Nanoraptors @ MDR....never had a durability issue with any of them. And hauling around my finnesse-free 200+ lb carcass puts them through the wringer...

210lbs w/o gear as far as mt.kings shredded at mooch maybe ten rides in, overrated and over priced schawbles 2 rides and done, nanoraptors and weirwolfs 500+ miles sidewall tears not bad, WTB stout many miles and lots of traction but heavy still going. Geax tnt gave up on trying to mount impossible. have ravens 2.2 on the way for SS and just mounted rampages to the Canzo this evening so whats this all mean I'm a complete tire whore. Mind you everything is mounted to flows and tubeless and I have the finesse of a long haul trucker...

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
210lbs w/o gear as far as mt.kings shredded at mooch maybe ten rides in, overrated and over priced schawbles 2 rides and done, nanoraptors and weirwolfs 500+ miles sidewall tears not bad, WTB stout many miles and lots of traction but heavy still going. Geax tnt gave up on trying to mount impossible. have ravens 2.2 on the way for SS and just mounted rampages to the Canzo this evening so whats this all mean I'm a complete tire whore. Mind you everything is mounted to flows and tubeless and I have the finesse of a long haul trucker...

Yikes! I guess bad people are reincarnated as one of your tires, eh?

I'm running the Mtn Kings tubeless on C29SSMax's and 'am 206 w/o gear. I have over 50 rides @ MDR with 'em. I've had two flats; the first one I just pumped 'er up and went...the next was the very next day. It'd been awhile since I'd put any fresh sealer in...did that and they've been fine since. Other than that, no issues at all. Maybe I have more finesse than I think? Nah, doubt it...

When the Mtn Kings wear out (the rear is starting to look tired), I want to try the Geax Gatos...though, I guess it is still a little while before they're available.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions