Vermont Weekend Warrior Group Trip

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
VERMONT WEEKEND WARRIOR TRIP
XC & DH weekend @ Killington, Vermont
Saturday, October 7th & Sunday October 8th

Join us over the Columbus Day Weekend on this epic mountain bike adventure.
Contact me if you would like to attend: antonio@pptchelsea.com

Killington Mountain Bike Park offers the ultimate lift-served mountain biking experience, serving up everything from classic cross-country singletrack, to flowy machine built goodness and challenging downhill trails. In addition, I've lined up guided XC rides outside the park (courtesy of a few local MTBers).

Lodging
Turn of River Lodge, a cozy economical place owned by a fellow mountain biker, has offered us a great rate. The lodge is minutes away from Killington Resort and a short drive to the XC trails of Green Mountain and Pine Hill.

Ride Options:
Guided ride through some of the best XC trails in the region. The pace will be moderate (no one left behind). Note: these rides are not suitable for newbies or beginners.

DH at Killington (self guided) - Many trails can be ridden on a mid-travel dual suspension bike. Bring your DH bike if you want to go bigger. The mountain has an excellent rental fleet as well, including all protective gear. Note: I will be getting discounted lift tickets for our group.

Proposed Itinerary:
Friday, October 6th
  • 4pm-10pm / Check-in @ Turn of River Lodge
  • 9pm / Party at the cabin (drinks included)
Saturday, October 7th
  • 9am / Continental Breakfast (included with lodging)
  • Morning-Afternoon / DH or XC (guided ride TBD)
  • 6:00pm / Group Dinner @ (place TBD)
  • 8pm / Party at the cabin (drinks included)
Sunday, October 8th
  • 9am / Continental Breakfast (included with lodging)
  • 12pm / Check-out
  • Morning-Afternoon / DH or XC (guided ride TBD)
  • Depart for home

Last edited:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Update
  • We have 4 people confirmed for this trip so far
  • Lodging for 8 has been secured. I will book more rooms if necessary
  • We have discounted lift tickets to Killington for that weekend
  • A local legend who helped build the Green Mountain Trails will be leading one of the XC rides
I know it's 2 months away, but if you think you might be interested then please chime in. This trip will be epic. :)

Gnick

Update
  • A local legend who helped build the Green Mountain Trails will be leading one of the XC rides
I know it's 2 months away, but if you think you might be interested then please chime in. This trip will be epic. :)
thanks for posting this A.S. - i'm looking into this with one of my buddies right now. will come back in a couple days.

Gnick

Update
one other thing. I've stayed at turn of the river a number of times during the winter and IT IS AWESOME

Gnick

awesome and nice are not always the same thing. its a cheap place to lay your head after spending the day shredding

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I've stayed there before a few years ago... not really the nicest.
I've never been before but it's under new ownership. The guy is an avid cyclist from Long Island. He's looking to attract more MTBers. From what I understand he's put some work into the place since taking over a year ago. This trip was actually created to help support Aaron and his lodge. It's going to be a blast. We now have 6 people confirmed!

Top Bottom