Vermont MTB Trip / October 7th & 8th

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Re-posting to see if there is more interest. We currently have 6 people confirmed.
Contact me if you would like to attend: antonio@pptchelsea.com

XC & DH weekend @ Killington, Vermont
Saturday, October 7th & Sunday October 8th

Killington Mountain Bike Park offers the ultimate lift-served mountain biking experience, serving up everything from classic cross-country singletrack, to flowy machine built goodness and challenging downhill trails. In addition, I've lined up guided XC rides outside the park (courtesy of a few local MTBers).

Lodging
Turn of River Lodge, a cozy economical place owned by a fellow mountain biker, has offered us a great rate. The lodge is minutes away from Killington Resort and a short drive to the XC trails of Green Mountain and Pine Hill. We have a cabin reserved, which sleeps 8. It's described as "rustic" so don't expect much but for about $40 a night who's complaining.

XC Options:
I've lined up a guided ride through some of the best XC trails in the region. Local legend Matt Baatz has offered to lead us on the Green Mountain Trail (long Loop). The pace will be moderate (no one left behind). Note: these rides are not suitable for newbies or beginners.

DH Options:
Killington mountain resort. Many trails can be ridden on a mid-travel dual suspension bike. Bring your DH bike if you want to go bigger. The mountain has an excellent rental fleet as well, including all protective gear. Note: This is mostly self guided but a bunch of us plan to go so we can stay in a group. I can get discounted lift tickets for those who plan to ride the mountain.

Dinner Saturday Night & After Party:
I'll make reservations for dinner Saturday evening. Everyone pays their own way. We'll pick a place that is reasonable with good food. There will be drinks at the cabin afterward. Don't expect an all night bender but... Lets just say there may be a few who don't make it to the trails on Sunday. ;)

Transportation:
Everyone is responsible for getting themselves up to Killington. Car-pooling is an options for those interested.

Feel free to ask questions or email me: antonio@pptchelsea.com

kidzach

I may be up there that weekend. I'll be staying in Pittsfield, so I may tag along at Green Mountain Trails and or Pine Hill. Matt is a great host/tour guide, you'll enjoy muddy's hut post ride. Or enjoy The Clear River
Tavern afterwards , great place to relax and get some grub and sudds .

RSAmerica

Re-posting to see if there is more interest. We currently have 6 people confirmed.
Contact me if you would like to attend: antonio@pptchelsea.com

XC & DH weekend @ Killington, Vermont
Saturday, October 7th & Sunday October 8th

Killington Mountain Bike Park offers the ultimate lift-served mountain biking experience, serving up everything from classic cross-country singletrack, to flowy machine built goodness and challenging downhill trails. In addition, I've lined up guided XC rides outside the park (courtesy of a few local MTBers).

Lodging
Turn of River Lodge, a cozy economical place owned by a fellow mountain biker, has offered us a great rate. The lodge is minutes away from Killington Resort and a short drive to the XC trails of Green Mountain and Pine Hill. We have a cabin reserved, which sleeps 8. It's described as "rustic" so don't expect much but for about $40 a night who's complaining.

XC Options:
I've lined up a guided ride through some of the best XC trails in the region. Local legend Matt Baatz has offered to lead us on the Green Mountain Trail (long Loop). The pace will be moderate (no one left behind). Note: these rides are not suitable for newbies or beginners.

DH Options:
Killington mountain resort. Many trails can be ridden on a mid-travel dual suspension bike. Bring your DH bike if you want to go bigger. The mountain has an excellent rental fleet as well, including all protective gear. Note: This is mostly self guided but a bunch of us plan to go so we can stay in a group. I can get discounted lift tickets for those who plan to ride the mountain.

Dinner Saturday Night & After Party:
I'll make reservations for dinner Saturday evening. Everyone pays their own way. We'll pick a place that is reasonable with good food. There will be drinks at the cabin afterward. Don't expect an all night bender but... Lets just say there may be a few who don't make it to the trails on Sunday. ;)

Transportation:
Everyone is responsible for getting themselves up to Killington. Car-pooling is an options for those interested.

Feel free to ask questions or email me: antonio@pptchelsea.com

Antonio count me in on this trip.

Thx David
PS I will email you me contact info.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I may be up there that weekend. I'll be staying in Pittsfield, so I may tag along at Green Mountain Trails and or Pine Hill. Matt is a great host/tour guide, you'll enjoy muddy's hut post ride. Or enjoy The Clear River
Tavern afterwards , great place to relax and get some grub and sudds .

Did someone say post-ride tavern? I'm in! :D Shoot me your email so I can put you on our update list.

Ironjunk

Pine hill park is fast and easy. They have trail maps at most intersections, everything just flows nicely. They have a few bridges too including a suspension bridge that bounces when you go over it.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Pine hill park is fast and easy. They have trail maps at most intersections, everything just flows nicely. They have a few bridges too including a suspension bridge that bounces when you go over it.

Nice! We've got a good crew confirmed for this trip with several going up on Thursday and some staying through Monday. There will be much riding and fun had by all.

kidzach

Green Mountain Trails may be a no go this weekend. According to their Facebook page,it seems a small tornado blew through the other day. Over 30 trees toppled over closing numerous trails. One guys truck wound up in the river.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Green Mountain Trails may be a no go this weekend. According to their Facebook page,it seems a small tornado blew through the other day. Over 30 trees toppled over closing numerous trails. One guys truck wound up in the river.
Ah jeez that's terrible. Hope no one got hurt. Hopefully the trails will be clear for our trip in October.

kidzach

Seems there will be a trail opening for the new trail system in Killington the first weekend in October. It's called Sherburne Trails right on Rt 100 down the road from Kent Pond. I checked it out last weekend, nice flow. It is supposed to be around 4.5 miles for the opening.

kidzach

I need also mention some decent trails up the road in Rochester. They go by the name RASTA - Rochester/Randolph Area Sports Trail Alliance. Seems to be a lot of trail building going on in all these areas. They get that mountain biking creates activity and tourism unlike some counties here in NJ.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
....unlike some counties here in NJ.

OH SNAP!
giphy.gif

or like 80% of NY counties.

Last edited:

lilbuj

Yeah, Matt showed us about 17 miles of the GMT system on Saturday. It is a great place. Definitely a must ride location. 3 of us rode Elm Ridge near Windham NY on Thursday. Friday 4 of us went to Waitsfield VT and sampled the Mad River Trails. And Sunday was at the Killington Bike Park. Some rain at times Friday - Sunday but was great riding at all locations.

Joshua

RSAmerica

Yeah, Matt showed us about 17 miles of the GMT system on Saturday. It is a great place. Definitely a must ride location. 3 of us rode Elm Ridge near Windham NY on Thursday. Friday 4 of us went to Waitsfield VT and sampled the Mad River Trails. And Sunday was at the Killington Bike Park. Some rain at times Friday - Sunday but was great riding at all locations.

Joshua
My son and I rode Kingdom Trails on Fri. too.

Top Bottom