Vacation advice needed!!

roc

My kids have next Tuesday, Thursday and Friday off, so my wife told me that they can have Wednesday off also, i want to rent on house on a lake or a river next week with hiking nearby and maybe some moderate to easy mountain biking, or just nothing on crazy that I can ride by myself.
The house- needs to have a outdoor fire pit/ring. 2-3 bedrooms and goof wifi and a good TV. Decent kitchen
Where? within in a 4-6 hour dive of Morristown, any direction, closer is fine also.
I don't really care where we go, I just want to wake up and see a river or lake with some coffee, get out and do a good hike, maybe sneak out for an easy ride and then kick back by a fire pit with a few beers.
Anybody have a house like this that they want to rent, or has anybody rente,d a house that meets these needs?
Thanks,
Rob

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
My kids have next Tuesday, Thursday and Friday off, so my wife told me that they can have Wednesday off also, i want to rent on house on a lake or a river next week with hiking nearby and maybe some moderate to easy mountain biking, or just nothing on crazy that I can ride by myself.
The house- needs to have a outdoor fire pit/ring. 2-3 bedrooms and goof wifi and a good TV. Decent kitchen
Where? within in a 4-6 hour dive of Morristown, any direction, closer is fine also.
I don't really care where we go, I just want to wake up and see a river or lake with some coffee, get out and do a good hike, maybe sneak out for an easy ride and then kick back by a fire pit with a few beers.
Anybody have a house like this that they want to rent, or has anybody rente,d a house that meets these needs?
Thanks,
Rob
Check out VRBO, I used that for both of my trips to Vermont. Easy to use site, had no hiccups what-so-ever. 4-6 hours from Morristown I would definitely vote for Killington, Vermont. Beyond peaceful, especially when you are used to that North Jersey traffic.

roc

Thanks, I use airbnb and the others. I was hoping someone on here rented a house like I'm talking about, and I could look that house up.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I rented a house on Craigslist when I went to Raystown. I checked and it is not renting anymore, but I'm sure CL or VRBO would work. I think they may have houseboats up there also. Some of the trails would be good for kids also.

Great place.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Definitely the first one.....
5252E45D-6563-4CBB-93EF-B4A942983E56.jpeg

it’s all downhill from there. :)

kidzach

I would 2nd the Killington/Pittsfield , Vermont area. Lots of smaller hikes in the area and great mountain biking, Green Mountain Trails has both, check out the Stone Steps for a hike while your there. They also just built new trails in Killington(the town) called Sherburne Trails for the intermediate riders. Pine hill is also one of my favorite mountain bike trails 15 minutes away in Rutland.

qclabrat

Going north this time of the year somewhat unique as the leaves are gone and snow has not yet settled in for the season. There should be lots of good rentals available at the moment. Should be able to find places in Saratoga Springs or Finger Lakes regions.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Airbnb lake George. Perfect time of the year to go, then again any time is good.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Airbnb lake George. Perfect time of the year to go, then again any time is good.

there is a long bike path between lk george and glen's falls. it is kid friendly.
there is plenty of road riding, and some trail (gurney ln, and smba) - i don't think brant lk is open yet.

fishing is ok this time of year - but you could def score a cabin on the lake for not too much $$ -

ft ticonderoga is interesting, for william henry is closed.

good hiking up the pinnacle trail (mtb able - sort of), and on the east side of the lake - buck mountain.
any you never know what is going on over at http://www.tubbytubestubing.com/

there is also the ausable chasm - little farther north

http://ausablechasm.com/Accommodations/cabins

campground2.jpg

(not me)

Top Bottom