Utah hates Rockshox but how can I replace this fox junk remote?

Would be cool but what shifter uses 2 cables?
Rohloff does but the orientation is all wrong....So no bueno.

How about a cable splitter / doubler. Like they use on some drop bar bikes to utilize a secondary lever brake on top of the drops of some drop bar cx style bikes.

fancy man, bars are getting crowded but i would love to have the rear remote....

left:
dropper lever
brake lever
remote rear shock lockout

right:
shift lever
brake lever
remote front fork lockout

getImage.do

Why does Mtb technology need to be such a secret? I bought an older Scott(fox built) dual lockout someone recommended and it doesn't have the "throw" needed to match what the Fox Grip remote does. It's made much better but doesn't have enough throw to lock out properly. And when you ask any bike "mechanic" a question you can't get a real answer. Fox is worthless to contact and no shock specific tutorials available. I am dying to try some geared racing but I see why I singlespeed on a rigid more often than not.

I'm telling you, you don't need a remote lockout. Letting the lack of one keep you from riding that bike you built is the dumbest thing I've heard all day. It's still early tho

I'm telling you, you don't need a remote lockout. Letting the lack of one keep you from riding that bike you built is the dumbest thing I've heard all day. It's still early tho
Are you up at 7am when you're on vacation? Happy bday btw! I am still riding it. Going to see if my 100 mile legs from last weekend can do age group or endurance on Sunday.

Why does Mtb technology need to be such a secret? I bought an older Scott(fox built) dual lockout someone recommended and it doesn't have the "throw" needed to match what the Fox Grip remote does. It's made much better but doesn't have enough throw to lock out properly. And when you ask any bike "mechanic" a question you can't get a real answer. Fox is worthless to contact and no shock specific tutorials available. I am dying to try some geared racing but I see why I singlespeed on a rigid more often than not.

no secret- he already gave you the best cable option....
I'm running this jaun for rougly 2500 miles... no issues.. and it made it through a rock strike or two... its setup as a single / fork lock out and you can get the 1to2 cable splitter to add for dual lock out...
29B39430-71E8-4879-A592-8FA4587C2EB5_zpsudgd06me.jpg

unfortunately in the case of my rockshox piece of shit...there is no way to remove the lockout from the shock and if you do remove it...the shocks default is locked. So it breaks in the locked position rendering your suspension useless, some real brilliant fuckers over there.

For someone who such a weight weenie, have you weighed all the grams in the cable, housing, shifter lever?

unfortunately in the case of my rockshox piece of shit...there is no way to remove the lockout from the shock and if you do remove it...the shocks default is locked. So it breaks in the locked position rendering your suspension useless, some real brilliant fuckers over there.
Well that's your fault for buying a cannodale. ;)

rigid singlespeed will solve ur problems

Back
Top Bottom