Used car advice

Rollin Dice

I'm in the market for a used SUV and am considering an Audi Q5, '14 or '15. As I recall, there are a few Audi experts on here and hope they chime in. Have driven both, 2.0 and 3.0, prefer the 3.0, any advantage of one over the other? other than the obvious power and economy? Anything I should be aware of as I look?, Anything to stay away from?
Any and all input would be appreciated

Dingo

I'm going to try to stay out of this non sense. Real hard to, when someone mentions Audi.
Biting the keyboard lip now.....

hey did anyone notice the small flowers during our mid Febuary heat wave

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Purchase ONLY from a dealer.
Certified pre-owned.
Stay away from buying from a used car lot.
If it seems to good to be true it probably is.
Get a CARFAX.
if you are going to tow a boat or something get the 3.0
Otherwise the 2.0 is fine.

Dingo

Certified pre-owned.
Get a CARFAX.
Define dealer, unless bought from a private seller, it will be a car dealer, whole seller, used car dealer whatever.

Has to be an Audi dealership. They will be the only one on planet NJ that will know how to service your vehicle and take your money.
Pookie and Rayray, can sell any car ya want, they only take your money. When the car goes kaputz, your into deep pockets.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Always negotiate OTD prices.
Did you know it's illegal for dealers to charge more than $75 or $85 in "doc" fees in the state of NY and CA? Unfortunately, NJ dealers can charge whatever they want because they have high price lawyers doing their paperwork.

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Define dealer, unless bought from a private seller, it will be a car dealer, whole seller, used car dealer whatever.

Has to be an Audi dealership. They will be the only one on planet NJ that will know how to service your vehicle and take your money.
Pookie and Rayray, can sell any car ya want, they only take your money. When the car goes kaputz, your into deep pockets.
Yes a "Audi Dealership"
Anything else is just a used car lot.

qclabrat

Why do folks like to poop all over stuff all the time? I've test driven all the Audi SUVs and they drive great, Glenn's spot on with his contribution. I personally don't like the drivers cockpit and prefer the BMWs and MBs, but that's my assessment.

From my experience, any car with tighter tolerances will cost more to maintain and repair. I have both at home, the Honda is reliable and gets me to work, but on weekends much more prefer the BMW when I have no where to go. You buy your CPO Q5 @Rollin Dice and enjoy it your way.

Rollin Dice

Certified pre-owned.
Get a CARFAX.
Thanks for the input, was definitely gonna go through a dealer
is there a difference between "damage" and "accident " reported on Carfax

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not completely sure about that.
Damage could be minor. bumper cover repaint or some dent removal.
Accident is probably something major. new fenders, major re paint.air bags deployment.
Not real sure.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I'm pretty sure when my car was involved in a hit and run, carfax listed as damage. But then again, in my case it was only cosmetic.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I'm not sure Carfax is totally accurate with regard to accidents. When my last truck was hit head on by some texting moron, the carfax statement was very vague in it's wording. All it really said was that there was a front end accident.

In reality, there was $9500 of damage to an $11000 truck. The insurance company would have totaled it, but they originally thought it was about $3500, until they started the work.

Top Bottom