Updated 1up bike racks

domo

https://www.quikrack.com/

Not sure if it's a new company because the 1up site is still on

Looks like they addressed most of the version 1 stuff

I don't see a fatbike adapter yet but I put myself on the list to get it when it comes out. Looks like it still needs one to fit a 3.8-5.05 tire

Speculate at will.

hotsauce

Their site links back to 1up's site and there's 1up stickers on his demo racks in the video. Product also says "coming soon".

I just bought the old rack in July and theres some features that make more sense on the new one like no dumb hollowed out allen key but it looks more complex with more things to go wrong. I bought the 1up rack for it's simplicity, oh well.

JDurk

My guess from his website is he invented it, licensed the design and manufacturing to 1up USA. States that original patent has expired and saw the need to redesign. I agree, see some features that would be nice, but I have no complaints using the 1up rack in it's current design. It's simple and easy to use.

One thing I would like to upgrade to is the EZ Pull for the times it's setup for 3 bikes.
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/ez-pull/

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Q&A also says how the patent expired on the old version, hence the upgrade to pick up a new one? Seems like the same company.

I'll probably be picking 1 up when it's out.

qclabrat

Just wasted too much of my life reading the bickering on page 3 of that post.

Overall the situation sounds like a cluster fuck.

yeah, I didn't get much past the first page either. I feel in the end the consumers will get screwed if either needs to close doors.
As great as a product each are, I'd stay away till it gets sorted out.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

yeah, I didn't get much past the first page either. I feel in the end the consumers will get screwed if either needs to close doors.

I've been happy with Kuat anyway. It'll be some time before I need to strap bikes #3 & 4 to the car, should be settled by then!

JDurk

I don't see what the B.F.D. is about which company to buy from. The new design looks ok. The existing design is established and well liked by those that own them (disclaimer: I own 2). It's built like a brick shithouse. The new design, from the dude in the video, looks like cost cutting was the main plan. While either probably wouldn't survive in a mild rear ending collision, I'd rather have my bike on the existing design. Both will sell just fine.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
The dude in the video is Cal who is the inventor of the original 1UP rack. Since selling the business he started a new company called Quickrack where he addressed some of the complaints of the original design. I have the original and as good as it is and I have no plans to replace it, I do like the improvements made in the new "quickrack".

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The dude in the video is Cal who is the inventor of the original 1UP rack. Since selling the business he started a new company called Quickrack where he addressed some of the complaints of the original design. I have the original and as good as it is and I have no plans to replace it, I do like the improvements made in the new "quickrack".

When that new rack launches, the 1up will have to lower their prices.... I would assume.

Top Bottom