Unpaid TSA agents, no longer giving a f***, play uncensored rap music in airports

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
The title alone got me, has anyone traveled recently and heard this? Sounds like JFK is fuqqin lit

Airports have been especially hit hard by the shutdown, as many employees have called out sick, unwilling to put in time for zero pay. Those that have shown up… well, let’s just say they’ve been making the best of their situations: In recent weeks, passengers at New York’s JFK airport have reported hearing TSA agents blast explicit, uncensored versions of rap songs over the loudspeakers.
(Read: Jay-Z, Kanye, Kendrick Lamar, Drake Make Forbes’ List of Highest Paid Rappers)
As Business Insider points out, “Sicko Mode” by Travis Scott and Drake has been prominently heard, as has “Lift Yourself”, the “musical poop joke” song from Kanye West. Other tracks from Beastie Boys and Ludacris have also apparently been in rotation.
“We’re living in a simulation,” one passenger tweeted. Another said they felt like they were “in the Twilight Zone” after noticing “Sicko Mode” echoing through JFK.
No one really wants to be at the airport, passengers and now TSA agents included, but at least they don’t have to hear the same Kenny G and Nickelback songs over and over.
Check out some firsthand reactions to the TSA agents’ new playlists. (Warning: explicit language)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
If I was them I'd stop showing up at this point, gas aint cheap enough to burn it for an IOU, I hope every single air traffic controller calls out in DC to keep politicians there to get the job done.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
f04fc40f6462383fb516636e931b4acc.gif

TSA rn

jnos

If I was them I'd stop showing up at this point, gas aint cheap enough to burn it for an IOU, I hope every single air traffic controller calls out in DC to keep politicians there to get the job done.
Unfortunately, FED employees cannot strike. Also, the PATCO strike was crushed by Reagan and was disastrous to the union members. Man, Reagan was a real DICK!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Air_Traffic_Controllers_Organization_(1968)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Unfortunately, FED employees cannot strike. Also, the PATCO strike was crushed by Reagan and was disastrous to the union members. Man, Reagan was a real DICK!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Air_Traffic_Controllers_Organization_(1968)

IDK if the current administration can handle that kind of operation, add to that air traffic controllers are already under staffed and they aren't being replaced at the rate they are retiring. Who will you replace them with?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

it is what one would call a gambit. negotiations were not going the way they wanted,
they are critical to the economics and safety of the country. and they thought they couldn't be replaced.
But they could. They could work as controllers at smaller airports, and were able to return after 5 years.

they took too big of a chance, without the leverage to back it up, and lost. all is fair.

BTW - i am not anti union. i have no idea who was advising them, but they should have seen that coming.

Top Bottom