Un-official Otto's Cyclocross Practice Thread

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I will start setting up the course for otto's on Wednesday 8/26. Course should be up by 5:30 and we will start at 6:00. Two 20-25 minute races with a short break between. If daylight allows we could do a shorter third race. We go rain or shine but check here first for any changes because of bad weather.
Remember its a open park not a closed race course keep your head up and be nice to walkers and bird watchers.

WHERE: On the corner of Wertsville and Montgomery Road at Otto's Farm Park.
Or here on google maps.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wednesday, same as all the rest.

Have not heard much of anything about HG practice either. I mean maybe if a bunch of us went it would be worth it?

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
upload_2015-8-5_15-24-50.jpeg

vlkslvr

Have not heard much of anything about HG practice either. I mean maybe if a bunch of us went it would be worth it?

As much as I love the Otto's practice - and I do love it. Something happening at CR or in the greater Bridgewater area would be awesome. Try as I might it's nearly impossible to get down to Otto's on a regular basis after work.

CR however is achievable - let's make something happen!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

If there was a decent turnout, I would go.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this training practice or practice practice? Will Pearl teach me how to ride in circles on grass?

BiknBen

I have a great idea. Plan the HG thing on a day other than Wednesday. No reason these things all have to be on the same day and conflict or draw from one another.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a great idea. Plan the HG thing on a day other than Wednesday. No reason these things all have to be on the same day and conflict or draw from one another.

Agreed. We'll need to not brand it as "High Gear" as some of the more curmudgeonly people over there get really angry when you try to rock their boat. We've been trying to get them to move for years with no luck. We'll just need to do an MTBNJ cross practice in the same spot.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Agreed. We'll need to not brand it as "High Gear" as some of the more curmudgeonly people over there get really angry when you try to rock their boat. We've been trying to get them to move for years with no luck. We'll just need to do an MTBNJ cross practice in the same spot.

Chimney Rock Thursdays !!

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think we have to be the ball. Would @Kirt go? @pearl?
Highly doubtful, as there's about a 1% chance I do any cross this year. Too many other things I want to do. That said, I think getting something going on Thursdays would be great. If you build it, they will come.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think we should do it on Tuesdays. We already have a team-led ride on Thursday at CR so there's no need to interfere with that.

I need some set of people to come out for next Tuesday and help work out the details and such. Maybe 5-10 of us to get things off the ground before we say it's open to the public? Who can go?

On that note what do we need? I have a set of PVC barriers. But I don't think I have any stakes.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I think we should do it on Tuesdays. We already have a team-led ride on Thursday at CR so there's no need to interfere with that.

I need some set of people to come out for next Tuesday and help work out the details and such. Maybe 5-10 of us to get things off the ground before we say it's open to the public? Who can go?

On that note what do we need? I have a set of PVC barriers. But I don't think I have any stakes.
I don't think the old group set up stakes. They might have used a couple sections of tape between trees for one section.

Top Bottom