TW: 2008 Cannondale Caffeine F29 SS - Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
2008 Cannondale Caffeine F29 SS (but now geared 1x9) - Large

History
Bought this lightly used off of Sircrashalot in September of 2010 and minus the seat post, it was 100% original. He had a geared bike and rode this more than the SS. He rarely rode it and it showed. It has a couple of cosmetic scratches but nothing to be concerned about. No dents or anything in the frame. According to my Garmin, I have ridden this for around 700 miles this year. This bike has NEVER let me down. Raced this the whole year. I have always has the bike serviced by the guys at Halters Cycles. I have ridden this at Raystown, White Clay and I can literally say almost every trail in NJ without a hitch.
Mid-October I put the 1x9 setup on. Has 2-3 rides on it. The X7 RD and shifter were takeoffs from Liberace on the forum. I have ridden it without any issues and love it.

Why I'm Selling
Reason for selling is I'm looking to see what else I can get my hands on. I will have a SS again soon, but not of this caliber. I can't afford two bikes like this, so this has to go to fuel a geared specific race rocket.

Why YOU should buy it
Cannondale currently does not offer a SS with a lefty in their line up, and I would say it is hard to come across a lefty SS from Cannondale. I put on my personal touches and replaced just about everything on this bicycle with something new and improved. The bike will be completed rebuilt and overhauled for the new buyer. If you are looking for a fun, light and fast singlespeed (or geared bike) to rip singletrack or race, this is the bike for you. The frame can be run geared or SS and can be swapped rather easily. Not many SS frames can do that.

229611_10150252624618215_501378214_7580689_2937441_n2.jpg

Bikepedia link: Click Here
Bike has the following upgrades:
-Bushnell EBB
-34t Rotor Ring
-XT Cassette
-Sram X7 Shifter and Rear Derailleur
-MRP 1.x Chain Guide
-Stans Notubes ZTR Flow Wheel set with X9 rear hub set up tubeless
-WTB Wolverine front and Geax Saguaro rear tire
-Easton EC70 Carbon Seatpost
-Specialized Romin Saddle
-Hope Brakes
-Salsa Carbon 11 Degree Bar
-Ergon Green GA1 Grips

If you are interested, let me know. I can be talked into removing certain things in order to bring the price down. Examples:

$1250 - With all of the above. Includes SS Cogs and chain.
$1100 - BYO Seat, Seatpost and Grips (or I supply from my parts bin)
$999 - BYO Seat, Seatpost and Grips (or I supply from my parts bin), Converted to SS.

Last edited:

soulchild

this bike is terrible... Pearl is slow and never does well at races... I have a c'dale ss w/ a lefty... and the guys at Halter's are the worst!

syke... syke... I do ;)... and syke!

this really is a great bike... I tried for about 5 weeks to find this exact bike before I bought my ss... and of course we all know the guys at Halter's are top notch...

rTalk - if I didn't own a ss I would pick this up even though it's a large and I ride a medium...

Last edited:

Dr Superb

I am interested, as i've been wanting a SS with a lefty, but its impossible to come by...

I do not need the wheelset though, i would use the one i took off my flash (i think).

Honestly, i'd rather buy the frame / some parts. If you decide to part it out, it would be a more realistic purchase for me. How flexible are you?

My main priority at this moment is a road bike which i am looking to pick up this winter.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I will pay you to keep this so I don't have to race against you next year. How much?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll officially offer you $118 for this. Lmk if that's cool.

map111158

Ill offer a box of Trader Joe brand oreos. If you throw in some studded tires Ill also include a 1/4 gallon of whole milk.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
not yet, maybe a in a couple of weeks. then i will be content with keeping it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom