Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
IMG_4098.JPG
IMG_4095.JPG
https://www.strava.com/activities/725133872 Up up up it was today. @Riggedfmx rode with me for his second century.such a nice day to ride!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice, looks like you had a nice day for it. Thats a lot of climbing, would u do it again next year?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Nice, looks like you had a nice day for it. Thats a lot of climbing, would u do it again next year?
Definitely. I love riding that area anyway and I love climbing. Being Tony's second century we were able to have a nice social ride while zig zagging the hills.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Well, I did the first annual Erie 80 race today.I somehow managed 3rd in open ss despite only bringing my 25 mile legs for the 50 mile race. I'll start by saying that the promoters put on one hell of an event! Very well set up, very nice location, excellent trails in an excellent town. Port Jervis is a quant little homely feeling town in New York just on the opposite side of the border from High Point.
The race was set up like an NUE race with drop bags brought to aid stations and multiple aid stations with food, drink and supplements. It was a 2 mile neutral rollout through town before a long fire road climb to the top plus some single track to get all the way to the top. I felt good and was able to push, I think I led most of the first lap but towards the end my legs were hurting. The second lap had cramps starting to get bad at 36 mile mark and I pushed through them to the end.
The trails are a combo of freshly ripped up top soil in an evergreenish area with tons and tons of sharp jagged rocks, rocks everywhere.....gray shale and blue stone to be exact. It reminded of kittatiny the most but add in some waylay rocks and place it on the side of allamuchy mountain. It was about 85% single track I would say. Even on the jeep trails you didn't get anywhere to rest, always looking out for bumps and rocks. Entire body is sore and I kept locking up in my back , legs and hands after the race. Monty and one other dude said it was more difficult than Bearscat.
Anyways I ran a 34/21 but should have used a 22. The put a ton of work into those trails and you can see the world from the top of the first climb, very scenic. Trails are some of the best I have ridden, just ss and hardtail for 50 miles hurts....well there you go....and congrats to @sarcaro on her ss women win .

Kaleidopete

Well, I did the first annual Erie 80 race today.I somehow managed 3rd in open ss despite only bringing my 25 mile legs for the 50 mile race. I'll start by saying that the promoters put on one hell of an event! Very well set up, very nice location, excellent trails in an excellent town. Port Jervis is a quant little homely feeling town in New York just on the opposite side of the border from High Point.
The race was set up like an NUE race with drop bags brought to aid stations and multiple aid stations with food, drink and supplements. It was a 2 mile neutral rollout through town before a long fire road climb to the top plus some single track to get all the way to the top. I felt good and was able to push, I think I led most of the first lap but towards the end my legs were hurting. The second lap had cramps starting to get bad at 36 mile mark and I pushed through them to the end.
The trails are a combo of freshly ripped up top soil in an evergreenish area with tons and tons of sharp jagged rocks, rocks everywhere.....gray shale and blue stone to be exact. It reminded of kittatiny the most but add in some waylay rocks and place it on the side of allamuchy mountain. It was about 85% single track I would say. Even on the jeep trails you didn't get anywhere to rest, always looking out for bumps and rocks. Entire body is sore and I kept locking up in my back , legs and hands after the race. Monty and one other dude said it was more difficult than Bearscat.
Anyways I ran a 34/21 but should have used a 22. The put a ton of work into those trails and you can see the world from the top of the first climb, very scenic. Trails are some of the best I have ridden, just ss and hardtail for 50 miles hurts....well there you go....and congrats to @sarcaro on her ss women win .
Congrats on 3RD!

huffster

Nice job! Any chance you tracked yourself and have a GPS for those of us who want to go check out this trails in a non-race format? thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom