Tubeless for CX

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
`I have tubulars, but cannot remember what’s pressures to run. Any recommendations for whirlybird tomorrow?
Get there earlier than usual. Spend a half hour playing around. watch the transitions, esp where you're turning under power-cement to dirt, slop to solid. Those are where you'll fold the tire and burp. Also remounting. Make sure you're comfortable with the pressure you're running there and you're golden. Or 25.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Get there earlier than usual. Spend a half hour playing around. watch the transitions, esp where you're turning under power-cement to dirt, slop to solid. Those are where you'll fold the tire and burp. Also remounting. Make sure you're comfortable with the pressure you're running there and you're golden. Or 25.
Oh crap. Tubulars, not tubeless. Actually, same thing. It's gonna be sloppy. if you trust the glue, drop the pressure. Bang the rim a bit.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, Fluxus? Get there 45 minutes early. Those are the ones that Clement/Donnelly licensed the inner tube moulding from right? Do they still sell those? It's an awesome mud tire. The mxp clinchers will be skates in slop. Dial the A tires-they could be Magic slippers.

vanseggern1

He got 3rd. Great job @Jeffreywoliver!

whirley bird.PNG

Jeffreywoliver

Thanks guys! I had a decent race. I rode the tires mentioned above at around 26-28psi. I initially inflated them to 25psi, but I had a bit of a nightmare at the beginning because 15 mins before the race my front tire was flat. Turns out I just failed to secure the valve, but I just inflated to 26-28 on a floor pump and rolled with it. Almost switched to my MXP on the front, but decided to take my chances. The course was slick, of course. Tires were mostly secure. Toughest section was the woods, the chicane and the climb soon after the chicane. My rear tire slipped the most and the tread is a bit different than the front. I got a shitty start out of the gates because I was third row and the guy in front of me botched his start and I totally came unclipped out of both pedals as a result. Recovered it before the first downhill and got to 3rd by the time we hit the soupy Nutella woodline. Just kept going from there.

Jeffreywoliver

46. I’m gonna ride out the season as a Cat 4/40+ and hope MTB set me up for some success and then hopefully ride masters open CX and MTB Cat 2 next year.

Top Bottom