Try Cyclocross for Free!

xc62701

Free money!!! Ok well not totally free but read below!

Are you curious about trying cyclocross racing? No special bike needed-you can race your mountain bike!

Typically you will have to pay $10 for a one-day license in order to do this. A generous donation has been made so that the first 25 people that need a one-day license will get that free. So come on out and support your local cycling and race Lucky Charm Cross September 29th!

Details: Simply register online and select the one-day license and that $10 will be refunded to you. Or get there early on race day and you will not have to pay for your one-day license. This is available only for the first 25 racers needing a one-day license. Priority goes to pre-registered riders and then the first people that need a one-day license on the day of the event.

Register here!
www.bikereg.com/39513

terrabike01

Free money!!! Ok well not totally free but read below!

Are you curious about trying cyclocross racing? No special bike needed-you can race your mountain bike!

Typically you will have to pay $10 for a one-day license in order to do this. A generous donation has been made so that the first 25 people that need a one-day license will get that free. So come on out and support your local cycling and race Lucky Charm Cross September 29th!

Details: Simply register online and select the one-day license and that $10 will be refunded to you. Or get there early on race day and you will not have to pay for your one-day license. This is available only for the first 25 racers needing a one-day license. Priority goes to pre-registered riders and then the first people that need a one-day license on the day of the event.

Register here!
www.bikereg.com/39513
Great idea and opportunity some some lucky people. I would try it, but I have to work to pay for my carbon addiction. Have a great race!

Chris(NJ)

Can you just get someone at usac to downgrade me instead? Not sure how long it typically takes, but they did my xc downgrade almost immediately. I requested it on the first one w/ the mtb but it was either overlooked or ignored. the second request is in limbo. I registered to race this weekend, but assumed I would get my downgrade approved by then. There is no way I should be in Cat3 right now.

Sorry to derail. that turned into venting! I'm sure you'll get a lot of poeple on that offer. The usac thing kills it for most people that I talk to.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Can you just get someone at usac to downgrade me instead? Not sure how long it typically takes, but they did my xc downgrade almost immediately. I requested it on the first one w/ the mtb but it was either overlooked or ignored. the second request is in limbo. I registered to race this weekend, but assumed I would get my downgrade approved by then. There is no way I should be in Cat3 right now.
Sorry to derail. that turned into venting! I'm sure you'll get a lot of poeple on that offer. The usac thing kills it for most people that I talk to.
I personally wouldn’t recommend downgrading. I started right before they added the 5 category, and now I’m stuck in the 4s. I try to race the 3/4 as much as possible since I find the biggest difference is skill level and less likely to get caught up in a crash. Unless your racing masters class, that’s less chaotic. With 100 plus fields in the uci races, I’ve lost my desire to try to get in the points. If you start on anything but the first two rows your already out of the podium.

Last edited:

xc62701

Try to find a contact that you can email directly. That would probably help expedite things. I can't do much for that. Either way jump in and just enjoy the race. It's guaranteed to be entertaining.

Top Bottom