True Distance

i've always thought it was 6 miles from road to road?

If you ever noticed in that area, the streams all have numbers, so it was probably an outdated municipal numbering system at one time. YOu can see 9 mile run. 10 mile run on google maps, so you would assume there are 1,2,3,4...mile runs out there.

was the church in place before the trails were? that would be the real key on which was named first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Mile_Run_(New_Jersey)

Six Mile Run derives its name (along with other area streams including Mile Run, Three Mile Run, Nine Mile Run, and Ten Mile Run) from the distance early surveyors estimated it was from the point where the historic King's Highway (now Rt. 27) left the Raritan River at New Brunswick to the point the roadway crossed the stream. The estimates were not very accurate but the stream names have remained in use ever since.

Ride 6 mile with a cadence sensor, keep your rubber on the ground at all times, figure out your tire circumference & total wheel revolutions from the trip, crunch the numbers...

kev could walk it with the wheel, and charge the parks for it!....you want centerline of the trail, or race line (which would be different depending on directions of travel)

Ride 6 mile with a cadence sensor, keep your rubber on the ground at all times, figure out your tire circumference & total wheel revolutions from the trip, crunch the numbers...

To use a cadence sensor, you wouldn't be able to chain gears doe.

never owned or used a cadence sensor. I guess I thought it measured wheel revolutions.

Oh well.

Anybody remember these things?

MICRO-WIRELESS.jpg

never owned or used a cadence sensor. I guess I thought it measured wheel revolutions.

Oh well.

The cadence and speed sensor are the same unit but separate sensors for each, hence a magnet your wheel and once on the crank.

I though you had one on your road bike but just never used the cadence part?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions