Trek - new release will change cycling forever?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
This revolutionary “new” material makes me laugh. I had a graphite tennis racket in the late 80’s for Pete’s sake. And graphite fishing rods are older still. It’s just a different layup when you think about it. The advances are, to my minds eye, in the new resins. Hard to make “ try our new glue” sound sexy doe.

Graphene is simply one atomic layer of graphite - a layer of sp2 bonded carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal or honeycomb lattice. Graphite is a commonly found mineral and is composed of many layers of graphene.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This revolutionary “new” material makes me laugh. I had a graphite tennis racket in the late 80’s for Pete’s sake. And graphite fishing rods are older still. It’s just a different layup when you think about it. The advances are, to my minds eye, in the new resins. Hard to make “ try our new glue” sound sexy doe.

Graphene is simply one atomic layer of graphite - a layer of sp2 bonded carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal or honeycomb lattice. Graphite is a commonly found mineral and is composed of many layers of graphene.

yeah, but high temperature levitation and superconductivity. can't get that in the old CF....

i'm guessing a low cost electronic/automagic derailleur, and a bb with internal gearing, so 12 cogs in the back, 8 speed in the front for a 96 speed bike.
and wireless electronic brakes - may as well make them internal too. and autopilot.

qclabrat

yeah, but high temperature levitation and superconductivity. can't get that in the old CF....

i'm guessing a low cost electronic/automagic derailleur, and a bb with internal gearing, so 12 cogs in the back, 8 speed in the front for a 96 speed bike.
and wireless electronic brakes - may as well make them internal too. and autopilot.
Yeah, I'm thinking this direction as well
Trek is looking to be the Tesla of the bike world.

Top Bottom