Trek Full Stache 29+ full squish is here!

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
If you all check trek’s website today, you will see Trek’s new Full Stache 8 full suspension 29 plus trail shredder. With 130mm of travel, super short chain stays, and Abp suspension, the new Full Stache is a force to be reckoned with. Got my hands on a full size run of em and beginning to play. Pictures shown are of the 19.5 and weighs in at a respectable 33 lbs. come check em out

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
63AB3A35-C2A2-43E4-8C38-4E4391E477E1.jpeg
63AB3A35-C2A2-43E4-8C38-4E4391E477E1.jpeg
89ECB3BA-2914-4C84-AB79-007C3EAE918E.jpeg
D5F5E672-443C-41D2-9D33-44A2EC74D40E.jpeg

goldsbar

I'll bite. Trek doesn't seem very popular on this board. I have the regular Stache and I consider it near revolutionary - overusing the term, I admit. Trek went from putting out solid but somewhat ordinary bikes to taking a chance with 29+ and producing a design with incredibly short chain stays for the wheel size (and creating yet another set of hub standards in the process). The result is a bike that corners on dirt like a crit bike on the road and plows over anything of reasonable size. It's not without downsides; the tires are basically undampened suspension and the bike gets a little scary at speed.

I worry that a full suspension version might be a little too much for average height people like myself. Everything goes to far. I've seen this in the ski industry more than once. "Shaped" skis went to super-shaped that weren't good at anything but carving. Next wide went to super-wide and everyone on the East Coast bought skis that made sense only at Alta. On the other hand, the bike might be awesome...

Top Bottom