Trees Down

goldsbar

Saw several trees large down on last weekends ride - and that's before last nights huge storms. I'll do my best to describe:

*Riding white trail from from Waterloo side/old rail bed. Past both yellow trail turns there are a few left turns. There's one left where you go past a log on both sides at the trail entrance. It's some nice slippery singletrack to a steam crossing. Looks like a tornado hit. 3 or 4 very large trees down - couldn't have blocked the stream crossing better if this was done on purpose. This is *not* the prior left turn that crosses a stream with the pond on your left and eventually leads to the monument. It's a left turn or two on the White trail after that.

*There's another tree down slightly off the White trail. If you'd continued on the White trail as described and kept going instead of making the left, there's a spot where the White goes left but the fireroad continues a short way where there's a intersection that will lead to the Red trail. Semi big tree down near this intersection. Again, a little confusing as there's a trail a little ways back off the White that would have led to the Red. This is more of an intersection of a few trails. Confusing - sort of like Allumuchy!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw several trees large down on last weekends ride - and that's before last nights huge storms. I'll do my best to describe:

*Riding white trail from from Waterloo side/old rail bed. Past both yellow trail turns there are a few left turns. There's one left where you go past a log on both sides at the trail entrance. It's some nice slippery singletrack to a steam crossing. Looks like a tornado hit. 3 or 4 very large trees down - couldn't have blocked the stream crossing better if this was done on purpose. This is *not* the prior left turn that crosses a stream with the pond on your left and eventually leads to the monument. It's a left turn or two on the White trail after that.

*There's another tree down slightly off the White trail. If you'd continued on the White trail as described and kept going instead of making the left, there's a spot where the White goes left but the fireroad continues a short way where there's a intersection that will lead to the Red trail. Semi big tree down near this intersection. Again, a little confusing as there's a trail a little ways back off the White that would have led to the Red. This is more of an intersection of a few trails. Confusing - sort of like Allumuchy!

Good to put this info over at the JORBA site as bobw is trail steward and doesn't frequent this site often

kidzach

One tree removed

I believe I took care of said tree on white trail. Unless of course another is down also.Not too big, about 7" in diameter.I travel with a small folding saw I bought at Campmor.It comes in handy often at this place. Make sure you have on your bug spray/reppellent, the aggressive flies are out in bunches.

RacinStart

Yeah 3 of us rode the trail last weekend on Saturday when it was pouring rain around 10AM, going up hill then not knowing many trails there we saw trees down. Rain stopped, and we got eaten by mosquitoes. So I bought some bug spray for next time in the woods.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions