Trails with flow???

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
MT Creek would be as specific as you get, however you have to pay to play. There are none that are “free” to the public.
Few times I've been to MCPB... they really don't check for lift tickets. Just saying

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Shame NJ doesn’t have one bike specific park / trail...

I rode Gurney lane upstate NY Lake George area this summer - no dogs - hikers - perfectly groomed and mantained - they have a Facebook page with updated trail conditions etc ...

If that happened here they would all be leashless hiking trails

mtbiker87

One time I came in from the Hamburg Mt MWA rode in on the xc trails, and rode the DH trails to the bottom.Me, not being fond of head on collisions with folks who are decending at a rather high rate of speed,and not wishing to wait on a long lift line (was mid spring..aka... busy season), I made the even stupider choice of riding the roads back home. Not being a roadie, nor fond of long boring climbs, this is not a decision I would make again. There are some local moto trails up behind the development near Ridetopia that if you had the desire to seek out , might get you back to the top....but why?...the whole point of going to Creek is bomb DOWN....

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

To save $5? You could also do shuttle runs if you had someone willing to pick you up at the bottom and drive you around the back side and up that dirt road to the top. I've ridden up the back side through Hamburg WMA too, but it's not worth it to do that for a downhill run and then ride back around on the road. I think @DownhillR3 used to ride to the top occasionally.

mtbiker87

To save $5? You could also do shuttle runs if you had someone willing to pick you up at the bottom and drive you around the back side and up that dirt road to the top. I've ridden up the back side through Hamburg WMA too, but it's not worth it to do that for a downhill run and then ride back around on the road. I think @DownhillR3 used to ride to the top occasionally.
Exactly !! To shuttle it? By the end of the day you would use half the amount of a lift ticket in gas. I suppose you could get away with getting on the lift a few times, but eventually they would notice. Some days they check tighter than others.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
By the end of the day you would use half the amount of a lift ticket in gas.

Yeah, it would also waste a ton of time driving. I think it's a terrible idea and would never do it, but some people are cheap and like gaming the system.

DownhillR3

Yeah, I've done my fair share of shuttle runs myself while the Park is not open to people bombing down over the years, pedal up that mountain a lot. Still have taken the lift up and rode DH plenty more... but its a great way to stay in shape to pedal up from time to time.

Even though @Monkey Soup didn't like my response in the E-Bike thread. :) I probably pedal up hill more than most on a conventional mountain bike. I don't know many people who shuttle themselves at lift assist bike park by riding back to the top multiple times a day for fun. :) With that said, I don't ride E-bikes for this use but still plan to buy one to have fun exploring unknown terrain.

MuniMan

There are lots of trails with flow out there. Trouble is as of late the flow is the water running across and down them.

Can this incessant rain stop, please?

Top Bottom