Trail Maintenance

qsilvr99

What do we have to do, who do we have to talk to, in order to get some TLC at this park?

Since I consider it my home trail, I'd like to take care of her. Definitely could stand to work on the *main* connector trail, that really shouldn't be ridden.

Tourne Trail Maint.

Easy solution... please contact Norm at:
jorbanorm@verizon.net
and JORBA will organize a trail maintenance session in conjunction with Morris County Parks.
Thanks in advance for you efforts!
Apache

What would we do without trials? Lets not find out!
www.jorba.org
you dig?

Morning folks. Sorry that I'm a little late to this topic.

Marc, you're correct. Norm Albrecht is helping organize/coordinate our activities within Morris County Parks but there are quite a few irons in the fire (Lewis Morris, Mahlon Dickerson, Sparta Mtn WMA, et. al.) and resource is thin.

In addition, Morris County Parks are not positioned at this time to have any single organization such as JORBA adopt the Tourne. This does not mean however that work cannot be done here: individuals are encouraged to contact Janet McMillan and work through the MCPC Adopt-A-Trail program:

Janet McMillan, Adopt-a-Trail Coordinator
email: jmcmillan at morrisparks dot net
973-326-7604

She will be thrilled to have more volunteers step forward and if anyone has a particular trail in mind, you can adopt it (if its not adopted already).

TM in Morris County

I'm interested in working at the Tourne as well (and other parks).

I just sent a note to Norm, Janet, and Greg. I'll post whatever comes back.

Cheers,

"slow" Joe

The Tourne is actually in pretty decent shape right now. Couple trees that need to be taken care of, but all in all pretty smooth riding. I took care of a lot of trail braiding over the winter, but I could use some for hands to make a bigger/better blockage, b/c there are still some people that I noticed today that are widening trails and ignoring common sense.

As for the wet spots, we as locals should already know what trails to stay away from aka "boiling spring" until the end of may.

Where or what is this "Main Connector Trail" that you speak of? If you are talking about the white trail = no MTBiker should be on that after the right turn/sign from the lot. Not only does it get pretty soiled towards the end by the 4/way intersection, but at our speeds the hiker/walkers/dog owners and ourselves are at risk!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions