Trail love Sunday 11/16

warcricket

Like a Jerk
What is up with manny?

cross post:

Hello ya'll enthusiastic bunches of people,

I am happy to inform you that I have been in touch with the individual who will be able to help our efforts and he has received an OK to work with us. While I will be ironing out this process with meetings, proposals,and such, I ask of you to please not "step on my toes" by going out there and do non-approved trail work. Maintaining a trail is not the same as building/working on a trail. Please don't go work on the trails but feel free to maintain them by moving downed trees & bushwacking.

I am stating this again that the preserve is Rutgers property. It is not a "no man's land". It is Rutger's land. Please be patience.

THANKS!
Manny

sixseven

Gents, I would love to be a part of this. As I said before I would love to see this happen. Also as I said before it's best to not do anything without full approval. Clearly that hasn't happened yet but looks promising.

Manny, you are obviously putting a lot of work into this, and I am very appreciative of this work. You are I am sure busy finding your way through the academic administration 'no mans land' where everyone waits to hear what someone else's thoughts are before they commit to theirs. I am sure that you have been handed off from office to office and it must be tiring. I have done similar things many times for film shoots, dealing with city agencies, private properties and the BLM. College administrations are notorious for being slow to act on anything. Your efforts will pay off.

In the meantime, please don't refer to dialogue revolving around the proposed TM as BLAH BLAH BLAH. It is dialogue and people have the right to speak their mind regarding the direction of the proposal. You did make it public. I appreciate your work on behalf of everyone but do not appreciate the BLAH BLAH BLAH. It is not a way to win anyone over.

That said, I am in for this TM when it happens. I enjoy that place and would like to put some more time into it.

THATmanMANNY

Gents, I would love to be a part of this...

Sixseven: I would hope the public would clearly identify my post as a light hearted & non-personal post with all my characters and context. Maybe I'll use more :D's next time but mtbnj only limits us to 8 (new suggestion :hmmm: limitless :D's). And as stated from the start it wasn't anything personal. My public apology. Sorry.

sixseven

I didn't take it personally. I just felt like it was dumping on the conversation in general. Emoticons or smileys or whatever those things are called can be confusing at times.
Apology accepted anyway. Let me know if there is anything I can do in the meantime in order to help this whole thing along.

MTBTyler

Sorry about that. Did you and ellibiddy get permission to build those stick piles? I meen this in a polite qurious way:)

ellbiddy

No one actually built anything, those piles were there, and we fixed them instead of pulling them out and making gaping holes.

targheehucker

I think this is what we are all proposing to do at the Trail Day and what I stated in my message. We are not looking to reroute trails or develop new ones, it should be strictly "maintenance".

As I am sure Manny will tell you, by showing we bring value to a place in terms of free maintenance and "trail love", we are more apt to foster a positive relationship with the stewards of the Park.

In reality the most important part of this first group effort is to organize...

Please read post #21:

"....Please don't go work on the trails but feel free to maintain them by moving downed trees & bushwacking..."

ellbiddy

Probably going to get pushed back until more definitive things get heard from the higher ups at Rutgers. I'm also going to put aside the very minor work we can do here to help out with the TM at CR this coming sunday which I all encourage you to attend.

I will however be lurking around the trails tomorrow. So if you see me come say hi :)

Top Bottom