Trail Closure - July 2012

moray42

Merman
Down on vacation in CM and was hoping to hit up Estelle Manor. Any updates on whether the park is open?

My boss lives right nearby, and as of last Monday it was still closed up. Ken would know best though. I'm sure since the call for cleanup volunteers hasn't gone out again it is probably still off limits.

Belleplain is open though, and a little bit closer to Cape May. Still spongy, but all the more reason to send more riders that way;).

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My boss lives right nearby, and as of last Monday it was still closed up. Ken would know best though. I'm sure since the call for cleanup volunteers hasn't gone out again it is probably still off limits.

Belleplain is open though, and a little bit closer to Cape May. Still spongy, but all the more reason to send more riders that way;).

Thank you for the update. I originally planned on Belleplain, but the local LBS mentioned that the local Moto riders are abundant and recently ran into a local MTB'r. They also suggested EM as the better option.

Looks like it's Belleplain...psyched to try out a new track. Thx.

moray42

Merman
Would be a bit surprised to run into many motor on the new mtb loops. Bit tight and twisty for them. Maybe on a section that runs along some of the older trails (part of the loop is an old moto trail). As with the other parks though, if they are on the marked trails for hikers/bikers they're in for some trouble if they get snagged.

If i had a choice Estell would be my preference too.

One thing worth noting is a tree over the trail i posted about a few days ago. Position is in the post.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=421747#post421747

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I spoke to the volunteer coordinator via email last week. Still closed, but i was assured that they will contact me when reopening is scheduled. I am not happy but remaining patient.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Thank you for the update. I originally planned on Belleplain, but the local LBS mentioned that the local Moto riders are abundant and recently ran into a local MTB'r. They also suggested EM as the better option.

Looks like it's Belleplain...psyched to try out a new track. Thx.

Belleplain is a big forest. The Belleplain mtb trails are next to the forest's rec area, ballfield, beach, camp area and... park police. Most of the BSF moto action happens several miles north near the huge gravel pits off of Weatherby Rd.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Belleplain is a big forest. The Belleplain mtb trails are next to the forest's rec area, ballfield, beach, camp area and... park police. Most of the BSF moto action happens several miles north near the huge gravel pits off of Weatherby Rd.

Hit up Belleplain on Sunday with a nice mix of new and old trails. Fun park....FAST!!! Crazy thing, your momentum drops significantly when hitting the softer spongy stuff. More of a workout than I had imagined.

Saw zero signs of Moto riders. Assuming the Cape May LBS was referring to where you've just mentioned. Fun park and perfect for a get away from the beach crowds.

A big kudos goes out to those building the new pink trails. A lot of work has gone into these and it shows. Thank you!!!

theranch

I spoke to the volunteer coordinator via email last week. Still closed, but i was assured that they will contact me when reopening is scheduled. I am not happy but remaining patient.

Any update on the trails? Open...closed?

dkocnj

Drove past the park today. Noticed the gate was open on Artesian Well Road today. Was going to drive in to take a look, but wife wanted to get to the mall.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I am waiting for word from the park brass, who I have been in regular contact with. I assure you guys, when I get official word from the park, it will be posted here and we will schedule a big trail day.

Until then we will have to rely on bike mechanic scuttlebutt :D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions