Tourne County Park Conditions

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Quick ride after work today. Was damp but still fairly hard. The swampy section was even pretty good. I was initially worried about leaving tire tracks but was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully we'll get a couple colder nights and it'll freeze back up. But it was entirely rideable today.

BAIN

probably in the best condition I have ever seen it. All hard packed and raked. Only section that wasn't blown off was the switchbacks. Rest of the trails were fast and clean.

JoLo

probably in the best condition I have ever seen it. All hard packed and raked. Only section that wasn't blown off was the switchbacks. Rest of the trails were fast and clean.

Agree, did i nice ride there this morning. Conditions were very good.

aedubber

How does this park compare to other parks terrain wise ? Might bring my buddy here for a little tour , I myself have not been here and it's close to me too .

Big C

its looking better and better each time i go out. the switchback trail has leaves but other than that the trails are all great! these trails have tons of potential. maybe this will be year that that potential is recognized.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions update

Quick ride last night, although wet it wasn't soft except a couple (usual) spots down by the railbed. I'd stay off of that (I only crossed over it coming down and around) and stick to the uphill stuff and it's quite rideable. Kinda like Lewis Morris, the trails are so packed it's practically paved. Apparently rained pretty hard last night though so YMMV.

I usually ride in and around the red trail opposite the playground.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hadn't heard a thing about the place so made a point to check it out today. It's no longer listed as closed on the county website so legal, too.
It's pretty much all good. There are some reroutes and a ton of work has been done.

The park overall didn't fare too badly. We rode red, some white, purple (or pink, I dunno what color it's listed as) and teal. All perfectly rideable. We didn't ride to the top but if they did that much work in the lower sections I figure it's probably solid.

The bad news is the Mountain Lakes side is officially closed. Still plenty of people walking around there though. The loop around the lake is fine but off limits officially. The worst part is Sled Hill is pretty bad and needs a lot of clearing. It's lightly used so who knows when or if anyone will get to it.

gtluke

The Moped
Conditions couldn't be better today on a fat bike. Only annoying thing was a rider who went out yesterday and put a rut on every single trail in the snow, that is now frozen and catches your tire constantly. Not a problem on a fatty but on a normal bike it would be super problematic

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I was a little disappointed with the condition reports for our trails here up north. Iggy said Top of Skyline was bad so I'll take it that means the rest of RW, JH and WW are/is just as bad.

I noticed on my road loop today that the further out I went the more snow I saw. Planned on going to JH but it Looks like road or local MTB for me tomorrow

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yesterday morning was pretty good. Some snowy/icy spots but more often than not there was a dry line. Getting out early before the sun hits would be good as the place was frozen solid. Someone did rut the place up but what can you do. There were some spots you could (fatbike) ride on top of the crust which was really fun, more on the river side for that. I think I rode the whole thing w/o pushing 'cept for one spot.

I'd planned to hit Lewis Morris; honestly I think it'd be similar there if not better with all the traffic that place gets. Wildcat...maybe...but a lot less use so still might have some deep snow spots. Very little snow left on the ground around here besides the plow banks and shady spots.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
place is in great shape. all trails are wide open. kudos to the team at tourne for cutting all the trees out.

Did you ride the Yellow up towards the needle? There were a few bigger trees still down and crossing the trail on the 1st quarter of the climb when I was there 2 weeks ago.

pressedmeat

Today was my second time ever there....found an awesome technical rock trail that i took a spill on, and then got lost. Took over a hour to find my car, can't wait to do it again.

smackey

I rode the Tourne yesterday morning. Yesterday, all was dry and clear. The best part of the ride is that the Sled Hill is now clear. There had been several trees down on the trail from Sandy but all has been removed.

BAIN

I rode the Tourne yesterday morning. Yesterday, all was dry and clear. The best part of the ride is that the Sled Hill is now clear. There had been several trees down on the trail from Sandy but all has been removed.

How is the climb to sled hill? From the gravel side, not the street side. I like doing the left side to get that downhill treat to the houses.

margo2280

Hoping to check out Tourne for the first time on Sunday...as I've never been, I am unfamiliar with how well (or poor) it drains...I assume it should be ok by Sunday, any thoughts??

Thanks!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions