Tourne County Park Conditions

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL!!! Didn't know I was so exciting!
What time, which lot?
It's that unconscious charisma you exude.

I'm working out times with @fidodie yet but he's gotta get on the road so early ish. Since this is gonna be a man and machine vs nature slugfest I'd say upper lot denville side. I usually park at the lake but with a larger group that's looking for trouble. Or we could park at the main lot and do intervals up the sled hill while bunny hopping ten year olds. :)

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let's plan on upper lot Denville side, wheels down 8-815 unless Pat changes it. No guarantees on conditions, we might just end up having a snowball fight in the parking lot! But with three or four fatties we might have a shot. Cya tomorrow!

FitmanNJ

Let's plan on upper lot Denville side, wheels down 8-815 unless Pat changes it. No guarantees on conditions, we might just end up having a snowball fight in the parking lot! But with three or four fatties we might have a shot. Cya tomorrow!
Ok, see you tomorrow morning. Just to be sure, the "upper lot" is the one with the portajohn and the pavilion (and not the first parking lot on the right when entering the park via McCaffery Lane)?

Last edited:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If the upper lot is closed, switch to the Boonton side. Sometimes they don't open the gate early.

notcho

Ok, see you tomorrow morning. Just to be sure, the "upper lot" is the one with the portajohn and the pavilion (and not the first parking lot on the right when entering the park via McCaffery Lane)?

Upper lot is accessed from Old Denville road. The lot you’re describing is at the ballfield. It’s up the hill from there but you’ll need to ride up since the road is closed to cars.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes you can. Gang, you can park at either lot but we're going to (try to) start at the trailhead by the playground, which is the upper lot off old Denville Rd. If it's easier for you to enter on the Boonton side have at it. Just means you start the day with a climb!

That said, there's often a lot of traffic up to the top of the Tourne and we can look at that option from the upper lot also.

@fidodie if you want you can meet at my house which is right off 46. Text me if so.

If anyone gets mixed up pm me here with your number I will make sure to check in the am. Cya tomorrow!

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I made some headway into the trails, we get an impromptu group ride of a dozen fatties going and the place will be perfect!

I followed a XC ski/snowshoe track off the lake loop for a bit, once I turned around and rode back down it wasn't so bad. Hopefully it warms up and softens some, the crust was tough. Conditons are more "slugging it out" than "gliding along".

Too bad we aren't organized. The three of us together might make some headway. Might try again tomorrow am with @fidodie if you cats are around.

View attachment 65096
I like your new motorcycle. +1

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions