Tourne County Park Conditions

Rode last night after that quick rain passed through. It ran off fast and the ground was nice and firm. Only hit 1 muddy spot coming back through the swamp.

been a long time since I posted and just wanted to say the place is riding nice. I also want to give a big thanks to the people involved in the red reroute on the opposite side of the switchbacks = I guess the new switchbacks. was out with an injury last season so I guess I missed all that. fun in both directions. I did notice that someone is making a new trail from the lake ( right when you can see the beach if you are going counter clockwise on the red) back over to the 4 way intersection on the white. Just hoping that has been ok'd with the park.

Thanks for the good feedback on the new switchbacks and welcome back. That trail you speak of is not ok with the park. Ran into the "builder", a mountain lakes dog walker who wanted a trail into the tourne to avoid cops since dogs aren't allowed on the beach.

Spread the word folks: do not ride this trail. I believe that is mountain lakes property not official MCPC territory.

Trials look good but noticing a lot of widening going on in many areas.

Thanks for the good feedback on the new switchbacks and welcome back. That trail you speak of is not ok with the park. Ran into the "builder", a mountain lakes dog walker who wanted a trail into the tourne to avoid cops since dogs aren't allowed on the beach.

Spread the word folks: do not ride this trail. I believe that is mountain lakes property not official MCPC territory.

Trials look good but noticing a lot of widening going on in many areas.

Funny, I just first noticed this on wednesday and was wondering what the deal was. Thanks for the heads up, will avoid it in the future.

Ran into the "builder", a mountain lakes dog walker who wanted a trail into the tourne to avoid cops since dogs aren't allowed on the beach.

I have never seen a cop at the beach, and I'm pretty sure I've never not seen dogs at the beach. Although I don't park there in the summer when the beach is actually open.

I have never seen a cop at the beach, and I'm pretty sure I've never not seen dogs at the beach. Although I don't park there in the summer when the beach is actually open.
I've seen dogs on the breach, but the little ones that people just pick up when they see/hear you coming.

or maybe some people just like to carry their dogs around. Seems to be the opposite of walking the dog - like the dog is taking their owner for a walk.

Just got back from a ride. No major downfall from the wind today. Cleaned up a few small blow downs and branches by hand. 2 pines came down on orange and there's another on blue 100 feet or so from the red on the mcaffrey lane side. No chainsaw required but too big for a folding saw.

Rode yesterday. Red and purple. Conditions were excellent. Drained beautifully. Just a small muddy/wet patch by the small wooden bridge on the purple.

The Tourne drains pretty well, and it's been bone dry around here. You might have to avoid the white trail down the middle of the park if it rains a lot, but you aren't missing much there. Any of the parking lots on McCaffrey Lane are fine to park in. You can't drive all the way through on that road because it's blocked off, so just come in whatever side is closest to where you are coming from. You can expect many hikers and dog walkers if it's a nice weekend day.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions