Tourne 8/30 6:15ish ride?

ytc100

I'll be in the lot by 6 most likely. I'd be happy to do a quick loop before the others get there. Should be light enough to ride until 7:45 I'd think.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i'll pm you my cell - i don't think we will be riding too long in the dark and you can always ride between the guys with lights.

heythorp

my light is charging, it works but its been years since I put a full cycle through it. Will be interesting biking home. probably the last ride I will do from my drive to the tourne.

ytc100

heythorp said:
my light is charging, it works but its been years since I put a full cycle through it. Will be interesting biking home. probably the last ride I will do from my drive to the tourne.

Or we could cram both bikes in the back of my truck and then cram ourselves into the cab and I could drive you home.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ytc100 said:
I'll be in the lot by 6 most likely. I'd be happy to do a quick loop before the others get there. Should be light enough to ride until 7:45 I'd think.

YOU of all people should be able to ride that place with your eyes CLOSED. lights are for fairies. :D

ytc100

bonefishjake said:
YOU of all people should be able to ride that place with your eyes CLOSED. lights are for fairies. :D

I pretty much do ride with my eyes closed, you just never notice 'cause you're always behind me. :)

Shaggz

A strong 7
I'm probably going to be there closer to 6:30, and will park by the lake and work my way into the park. i will call you when i get there. and please, don't feel obligated to wait for me to climb to the top of the tourne :D

heythorp

smarencik said:
I'm probably going to be there closer to 6:30, and will park by the lake and work my way into the park. i will call you when i get there. and please, don't feel obligated to wait for me to climb to the top of the tourne :D

don't worry, I am probably going to climb this once before meeting up at the lot.

ytc100

smarencik said:

Hopefully we'll have service, otherwise we'll probably be about to head back on the fire road/lake trail from the climb by the boonton side by then.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ytc100 said:
I pretty much do ride with my eyes closed, you just never notice 'cause you're always behind me. :)

thats just mean. true, but mean.

btw, @ 7:45 here it was dark. hope you all got them sissy lights working. :D

ytc100

bonefishjake said:
thats just mean. true, but mean.

btw, @ 7:45 here it was dark. hope you all got them sissy lights working. :D

Yeah they were on for a bit at the end.

Good ride though. Trails in really good shape overall.

ytc100

normZurawski said:
How long of a ride can you get in at the Tourne?

I've got a 10-12 mile loop. You have to ride some trails twice but it's usually from the opposite direction so it doesn't feel too repetitive.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ytc100 said:
I've got a 10-12 mile loop. You have to ride some trails twice but it's usually from the opposite direction so it doesn't feel too repetitive.

Thanks for the reply. Will a basic Tourne map get me that 10-12 mile loop? Or will my first few times there have me turning down trails I should be skipping? I hate to waste time right now learning a park, that's something I'll explore more in the winter. But I'm itching to get out of CR and want to wait until after the pay season to go back to RV.

Top Bottom