Tourne 8/30 6:15ish ride?

ytc100

normZurawski said:
Thanks for the reply. Will a basic Tourne map get me that 10-12 mile loop? Or will my first few times there have me turning down trails I should be skipping? I hate to waste time right now learning a park, that's something I'll explore more in the winter. But I'm itching to get out of CR and want to wait until after the pay season to go back to RV.

Check out my map posted in this thread:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778

It might seem a little convoluted but it keeps things interesting.

Feel free to join us on one of our after work rides if you can.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ytc100 said:
Check out my map posted in this thread:

Very nice. Where do you park for that? I assume on the thing that looks like a boardwalk where A starts? Which lot is that? I know, I ask a lot of questions.

ytc100 said:
Feel free to join us on one of our after work rides if you can.

Would love to, but I work in Brooklyn. I need to get a new job for next year, preferrably closer to home. My after work rides are road rides that currently coincide with my daughter's last nap of the day. Anything more than that and the wife would likely lock me out of the house, which I suppose would leave me more time for riding after work. :)

I'm looking to maybe ride Tourne this weekend. Since I did the 24 ride last week I don't want to overdo it Saturday. Of course, the current forecast is now simply "rain". I'm not adverse to riding in the rain, since everything I train for ends up being in the rain.

Shaggz

A strong 7
normZurawski said:
I need to get a new job for next year, preferrably closer to home.

I used to work in nyc - it was brutal especially commuting from northern nj. what type of work are you looking for?

ytc100

normZurawski said:
Very nice. Where do you park for that? I assume on the thing that looks like a boardwalk where A starts? Which lot is that? I know, I ask a lot of questions.

I don't mind questions. :)

That is the birchwood lake lot accessed off of west shore road which is off of pocono rd in Denville.

I do occasionally ride the Tourne on weekends and I'll post next time so if you're around please join in.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
smarencik said:
I used to work in nyc - it was brutal especially commuting from northern nj. what type of work are you looking for?

It's not awful, since my whole day is 11 hours. But there are no "off" days if you know what I mean. No matter how you feel, you gotta put that stupid clown outfit on and sit on the train for an hour.

Programmer, currently java & shell scripting for the most part, some vendor software support and internal application support. A lot of other things, since our group ends up catching a lot of the work that nobody else knows how to do. And I usually end up picking up the majority of that. It's a sort of programmer, operations support, PMO role rolled into one. Job description is programmer though.

There is a Verizon office about 3 miles from my house, right off 287. There was a job posting for a java coder a while ago that I sent in my resume for. Never heard back from them. But the location would be perfect.

You hiring? I can mow grass too.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ytc100 said:
I don't mind questions. :)

That is the birchwood lake lot accessed off of west shore road which is off of pocono rd in Denville.

I do occasionally ride the Tourne on weekends and I'll post next time so if you're around please join in.

Excellent! Thanks for the answers. I look forward to riding it. Hopefully I can make the next weekend trip.

Shaggz

A strong 7
lol - I'm not looking, but I have a contact in Bergen that might. It's a consulting firm, and I'll put a feeler out if you'd like.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
smarencik said:

i worked in nyc (commuting from boonton twp) for three years before i wanted to shoot myself. i suppose it would have been a little better if i was actually making some money. i worked on average 80 hours a week for $25.5K. gotta love ad agencies...

now i work from home (seven years and three jobs later) and i'm much more happier. it's way more conducive to riding.

SpartaBard

Google Earth GPS Maps

YTC/Jason,

You guys have both imported gps data into google earth. Did you need to purchase Google Earth Plus for $20?

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Sparta Brad said:
YTC/Jason,

You guys have both imported gps data into google earth. Did you need to purchase Google Earth Plus for $20?

Roger that!

ytc100

Sparta Brad said:
YTC/Jason,

I just poach Jason's hard work. ;)

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
ytc100 said:
I just poach Jason's hard work. ;)

LOL thanks!

That's why you are so fast. You don't have to carry any of the gadgets. LOL

Top Bottom