Tour of the Park

Biker Dude

Anyone who knows this park well willing to give a guided tour tomorrow morning (1/6)? I was there once and really liked it but didn't know where the hell I was going.

Biker Dude

Oh well, no takers on showing us around but we went anyways and had a great time. The park is in great shape. This was our second time going and were trying to find a loop for the whole park. We ended up splitting it in two parts. To the right of the marina and to the left of the marina.

The park as a whole is just beautiful and so vast. I love it there.

Great job cleaning the trails after Sandy. You all did a great job and we thank you for that.

Biker Dude

That's pretty much the route we took. I guess you can't do one 'full' loop around the water. I'll definitely be coming back to the park.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
from the old men in the park...unowhour

the loop around pond has been hosed by a golf course which has a hole against the water on the north-west corner.

breaking 500 posts makes me an expert? can i get the ok to embed html ????
i like the <blink> tag the best!

Last edited:

TeamMuddySprocket

back in the day (early 90s) there was a trail from south post road heading into the woods westwards towards the West course. it let out of the woods at the 17th green on the west course and people rode along the lake past the 17th tee box and onwards to the north side of the dam. The county didn't seem to mind much at the time. However when they opened the East course it took out the trail that went to the west 17th hole and now you would have to ride through 2 golf courses.

it is a shame that they didnt include a trail riding/hiking along the lake when the courses were built

Biker Dude

def. woudl have taken you up on the tour but been under the weather. let me know next time you are down I'd like to join

Will do. I hope to add the park to the lineup of parks that we ride regularly. We had a little problem getting from the boat house back on to the blue trail to get back to the marina but exploring is always fun.

I'll post up again the next time we're going to go out. Thanks for the responses.

TAS

Welcome to Mercer

Please check the Trail Maps sticky for the latest trail routes.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405

The third post down contains the latest map. Please be aware that the blue loop north of the power lines requires that you ride a short distance on the road. The park is working on replacing the bridge between Darvel Road and the power lines.

TAS

TeamMuddySprocket

Welcome to Mercer

Please check the Trail Maps sticky for the latest trail routes.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405

The third post down contains the latest map. Please be aware that the blue loop north of the power lines requires that you ride a short distance on the road. The park is working on replacing the bridge between Darvel Road and the power lines.

TAS

if only they would let us build a boardwalk to reconnect blue.....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions