Tom Brady's diet

marathon runners are the best athletes since they can move longest without stopping

soooo.... some interesting real life results from experimenting with this alkaline / whole foods thing...

I tweaked the diet a little bit to be more whole foods / alkaline / vegetarian (not full veg) diet minded and I'm here to say, I am down to a weight that I was at when I was 18 years old... Down 8~lbs from last year's race weight. AND - here's the kicker.... When I thought I was at my lightest weight limit a couple years ago (which was 4.5lbs heavier than now), I did not feel good, very lethargic so I bumped back up a couple lbs until I felt better.

This new "diet" has me way down in weight and feeling full of energy... I think there is some serious legitimacy behind the whole foods / alkaline diet and cutting out processed foods that result in putting your body in an acidic state... AND I am pretty sure I can sustain what I'm eating. The only challenge is the cravings for cookies and sweets. As the seasons switch and riding turns to training, I will mostly likely need to adjust. Should be interesting to see if I can keep doing this and also do the high intensity training things. This should be an interesting experiment as the temp outside rises and the intensity picks up. But that doesn't start for another couple months. The long slow hours and this diet may melt a couple more lbs...

soooo.... some interesting real life results from experimenting with this alkaline / whole foods thing...

I tweaked the diet a little bit to be more whole foods / alkaline / vegetarian (not full veg) diet minded and I'm here to say, I am down to a weight that I was at when I was 18 years old... Down 8~lbs from last year's race weight. AND - here's the kicker.... When I thought I was at my lightest weight limit a couple years ago (which was 4.5lbs heavier than now), I did not feel good, very lethargic so I bumped back up a couple lbs until I felt better.

This new "diet" has me way down in weight and feeling full of energy... I think there is some serious legitimacy behind the whole foods / alkaline diet and cutting out processed foods that result in putting your body in an acidic state... AND I am pretty sure I can sustain what I'm eating. The only challenge is the cravings for cookies and sweets. As the seasons switch and riding turns to training, I will mostly likely need to adjust. Should be interesting to see if I can keep doing this and also do the high intensity training things. This should be an interesting experiment as the temp outside rises and the intensity picks up. But that doesn't start for another couple months. The long slow hours and this diet may melt a couple more lbs...

Can you give a sample of what your daily meals have been?

Lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, oats, beans, rice... Cut back significantly on chicken and beef portions and supplemented it with more nuts and beans.

Am going to start adding more hard boiled eggs in to the mix...

Edit - no alcohol, limited dairy (feta and parm only), almond and coconut milk

Last edited:

@Mountain Bike Mike Did you have a hard time cutting back on coffee and/or tea?

Lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, oats, beans, rice... Cut back significantly on chicken and beef portions and supplemented it with more nuts and beans.

Am going to start adding more hard boiled eggs in to the mix...

Edit - no alcohol, limited dairy (feta and parm only), almond and coconut milk

Oh and I cut back on breads as well

Bread would definitely be really hard for me to cut back on - especially after a ride, which is when I seem to binge on breads.

Alkaline foods is still nonsense

Still drink coffee @jackx

@stb222 Bread - not to cut out carbs.. i need lots of carbs... trying to eat lot of unprocessed carbs

Ever see that meme that says - the more you know and talk about something, the crazier people look at you... that's me right now.. haha

the-look-you-get-when-you-ask-americans-why-they-always-use-red-plastic-cups-to-drink-78008.jpg

@rick81721 not sure about that anymore... I was toying with the idea of PH piss strips to test for a couple weeks but read a bunch of reviews that said they're BS so I threw out the idea. I don't subscribe to the actual "diet rules"... like Atkins, Vegetarian, Alkaline... i may stay within and around their criteria though...

Probably a winter boredom thing... last year I went all crazy with diet shit around this time of the year.. this new experiment is this year's fad to play with.

Last edited:
http://www.chewfo.com/diets/clean-g...-eat-and-foods-to-avoid-food-list/#generaleat
@Mountain Bike Mike this is very similar to what you are doing.

I did this cleanse about 4 years ago and it really opens your eyes to what messes with your stomach and what doesn't.

basically the meals were this

breakfast- green smoothie
lunch- quinoa or rice, veggies (squash) ,meat(unprocessed)- but usually chicken and rice- or quinoa and veggies
dinner- vegetable soup (steam all veggies then put in blender with the water used to steam them)

Last edited:
Neat.. seems simple enough.. though I am not sure how that sleeve of Oreos I eat right before the dentist fits in.

No BS... I used to put away a sleeve of chips ahoy, sometimes Oreos at night, in bed while watching TV with a huge glass of milk. SO GOOD! I did that for years... and it caught up to me in weight and cavities....

Becoming a Super Bowl MVP might be out of the picture for you, but eating like one is within reach.
Five-time champion Tom Brady is partnering with vegan meal kit company Purple Carrot to bring plant-based dinners to your home via the subscription delivery service.

The New England Patriots quarterback, who once confessed he’s never had a strawberry or sip of coffee in his life (!), says the meals are designed for someone “looking to achieve or sustain their own peak performance.”

Recommended for you:SI Patriots Offer - 2017 Super Bowl Package
subscription.si.com | Sponsored

“Whether that’s in the gym, on the field, or at work. We want to inspire everyone — not just athletes — to be their best, and I think these meals will be a big step in that direction,” Brady told CNBC in an email.

Each TB12 Performance Meal kit feeds two people and costs $78 a week for three meals. And similar to the strict diet the Brady-Bündchen household follows, customers can expect each meal to be gluten-free, high in protein and low in refined sugar.

Many of the recipes are inspired by or expected to come directly from Brady’s $200 TB12 Nutrition Manual, which features foods like avocado ice cream and sweet potato gnocchi with escarole.

If the meal kits are anything like his cookbook, which sold out in no time after its release, you’ll want to jump on pre-ordering the subscription service today.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...er-week/ar-AAnZjRq?li=AA5LBhu&ocid=spartandhp

Back
Top Bottom