TM: Mahlon Dickerson, Sat Aug 1

anrothar

entirely thrilled
while i, sadly, have yet to have a chance to ride the wall reroute, i definitely see the conundrum. stone gate is much more fun riding down than up. that section of beaver brook is a little more fun riding down than up, but still a blast in either direction. cascade i find more enjoyable in the clockwise direction, though counter clockwise is fun too. clearly, the only option is to include the wma via snowbowl, hang a left onto stone gate, ride up devil's staircase, down bb, up the wall.......

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
while i, sadly, have yet to have a chance to ride the wall reroute, i definitely see the conundrum. stone gate is much more fun riding down than up. that section of beaver brook is a little more fun riding down than up, but still a blast in either direction. cascade i find more enjoyable in the clockwise direction, though counter clockwise is fun too. clearly, the only option is to include the wma via snowbowl, hang a left onto stone gate, ride up devil's staircase, down bb, up the wall.......

This is all chatter. Everytime i take someone on the full outside loop w/ WMA they say it was the best time they,ve ever had. Its up the gate/wall and down the beave every time...........

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
This is all chatter. Everytime i take someone on the full outside loop w/ WMA they say it was the best time they,ve ever had. Its up the gate/wall and down the beave every time...........

I call bullsh!t! Time spent with you can't be categorized as the "best time" anyone has ever had...if so, you ride with the terminally pathetic :D

Either direction it's all good up there...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
that is a killer loop, especially if you're including three rock and the trail around the parking lot at the end. one of my favorites anywhere.

tim, you're just bitter because brett doesn't give you any post-ride cuddle time like he does for special friends.... :D

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
tim, you're just bitter because brett doesn't give you any post-ride cuddle time like he does for special friends.... :D

Yeah, I know...the bitch!

When you comin' home again, man? I'll lend you the SIR9 to make sure you get to ride the re-route if you need it...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i should be home for the holidays again this year. i've got a cheap-o mail order 29er ss sitting in my parents shed that i've ridden once, so i'll have that to abuse out there. last visit it didn't show up till two days before i left, and the weather wasn't cooperating at all. i'm hoping for frozen trails and no snow. i'll get in touch with you all as the time approaches so we can set up rides and coordinate schedules.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd love to tag along when u guys go and I followed the beaver trail past the intersection and it turns into a very challenging hike for a while, I had to turn back cause it was gettin dark, but does it ever turn back to a ridable trail?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
beaver brook to toward taylor rd:

yellow to first intersection, entirely rideable.

first intersection to second intersection, pretty challenging at times, but totally rideable. second to third intersection i used to skip due to the trees. from there third to fourth i seem to remember as all rideable. fourth to taylor rd, 90% rideable, but as before, very challenging.

basically, if you can't clean the beaver brook trail from yellow to yellow(towards the wall) in both directions, you'll be walking a good amount. from yellow to yellow is a good introduction, but it only get's tougher the further you go.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd love to follow you through the first 2 stream crossings, extreme but doable. I was riding alone so I didnt want to take any chances. I can clear the yellow to yellow both ways but it has to be dry. I finally cleared your alley also. The work thats been done on this side of the road is remarkable.

Shaggz

A strong 7
beaver brook to toward taylor rd:

yellow to first intersection, entirely rideable.

first intersection to second intersection, pretty challenging at times, but totally rideable. second to third intersection i used to skip due to the trees. from there third to fourth i seem to remember as all rideable. fourth to taylor rd, 90% rideable, but as before, very challenging.

basically, if you can't clean the beaver brook trail from yellow to yellow(towards the wall) in both directions, you'll be walking a good amount. from yellow to yellow is a good introduction, but it only get's tougher the further you go.
Just curious which direction is more challenging. Prior to last Saturday I only did Beaver Brook once and that was on the down after the wall and dumping out by the kiosk, maybe spring of 08.

Did the stone Stone Gate climb and took BB in by the kiosk and that was a frikkin blast. I spent a fair amount of time retrying sections of the trail until I got them right, and it was probably some of the best spent time I've had on the bike in a looooong time.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
up is definitely more challenging, at least on a ss. those ridge sections get kinda steep, and without riding off trail to the left a little, the 'drop' is a hop going up. usually, if i was riding bb to taylor, i would head up stone gate, down bb toward the wall, back up the fire road yellow and then into bb.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions