TLD 2017. Who's in?

I have a feeling the pine barrens will suck as much as the second half of a 24 hour race.

I just did 8 hours of the route 2 weekends ago. South of Allentown (100-Mile mark) to Atlantic County is the worst riding you'll ever do in your life. You basically ride on the side of a pancake flat, straight, highway with Pine Trees everywhere and diesel pickup trucks driving by at 80mph. No shade. Nowhere to get supplies. The suck.

I just did 8 hours of the route 2 weekends ago. South of Allentown (100-Mile mark) to Atlantic County is the worst riding you'll ever do in your life. You basically ride on the side of a pancake flat, straight, highway with Pine Trees everywhere and diesel pickup trucks driving by at 80mph. No shade. Nowhere to get supplies. The suck.

And you did it again because...?

I am new to this whole distance thing but I like it. I did TLD last year and raced and won kittatinny the next week. I then did wilderness and felt great and did mt creek the next day to salvage points and got 3rd. After that I bonked for a while...still not quite back to where I was.

If anyone is interested, I also put the NJ Rando shedule in my calendar. The events range from 200-600K. First 2 are in April and are 200k.

Might be interested if I can fit it into my increasingly filled schedule. Plus, I'll need to see how well I survive HoH next month - especially if I do that ride to/from my house in PA (~140 miles total). I have enough experience riding in SNJ that the long expanses of straight, flat roads won't surprise me. The first century I ever did was the OCSJ Beast of the East some 25 years ago.

Did you make an NJ circumference route yet?

15665450_10211580096719968_4875376756373854214_n.jpg

Last edited:
Did you look at the 600k Route? Sweet jesus.

No shit. I can't imagine ever getting to where I can ride that far in one sitting. Leg #1 is just nuts. 217 miles and 11488' of climbing. Only to get back to the start point and do another 157 miles with merely 3394' of climbing. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom