Tires

Eileen

Right now I've got 26" Schwalbe Magic Mary (Bikepark version) tubed on my bike but they're getting pretty skiddy so it's time for some new ones. I'm probably going to go tubless with the new tires. Any DH tires that you've had good or bad experiences with?

qclabrat

I'm using HR2s this year, but don't consider my suggestion, as my bike is collecting dust in the basement
count this as a free bump to the top instead

Ian F

I run Super Gravity Magic Mary's tubeless, but my current set-up is for racing, so wear is somewhat secondary. They have a reputation for not lasting long, but have worked well for me. However, I tend not to brake-slide as much as I probably should when riding DH (one "trail-friendly" XC habit I've always had a hard-time breaking).

oobaa47

Maxxis ftw!!! Got a killer deal on high roller 2's over at chain reaction....27.5, 3c compound, dh casing for $40 a piece......also over at jenson they have super tacky dhf minions 27.5 in dh casing for $60.....pretty much the cheapest I've ever seen these tires.....free shipping to boot....

Chillydog

Have you gotten hit with the International charge that comes with ordering from across the pond. Wondering if its still cheaper to order from Chain Reaction

qclabrat

Maxxis ftw!!! Got a killer deal on high roller 2's over at chain reaction....27.5, 3c compound, dh casing for $40 a piece......also over at jenson they have super tacky dhf minions 27.5 in dh casing for $60.....pretty much the cheapest I've ever seen these tires.....free shipping to boot....
are you doing DHF for front and back?

Have you gotten hit with the International charge that comes with ordering from across the pond. Wondering if its still cheaper to order from Chain Reaction
never for me, but I've only ordered from the UK a hand full of times. Once was a frame which came in a week and another time brakes which took over a month. If you need it soon, stick to local.

oobaa47

I do not order from them often , but no extra charge and items arrived in a few days.....same day in fact as my jenson order....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Bought tires thru Merlin and took about 2 weeks.
Bought set of brakes from CR and they came in about 2 days.
Both cases, no duty was charged.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Really liking the Minion DHF/Aggressor combo I’ve been running. Fair warning though, the Aggressor DD WT on 35mm internal rim is still way under the listed width.... so keep that in mind if interested.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a Specialized Chunder 2.3 and a Maxxis Ardent 2.6 taking up space in my garage. They are used but look like they have lots of life left. @mattybfat gave them to me and I never used them. You are welcome to them unless Matty wants them back. But if I were you, I would just buy Minions if you haven't already.

Ian F

Yeah, listed width can vary a lot. The 2.4 Magic Mary on a 30mm I9 Grade wheel is damn near identical in overall width to a 2.8 WTB "plus" tire on a 40mm rim.

Top Bottom