Tips For Selling

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

i use spd

yes yes i think so to myself

compact all the way

new hope has some of the best roads to ride in the area!

I am a member of princeton freewheelers, awesome club!

welcome to the group!

i would go with fox imo

i wouldnt mind trying out grip shift but i think i rather just use it on a commuter/hybrid

i've done 44 on a demo tarmac on route 206 princeton starting at the dealerships than downhill for about 3 miles, pretty scary as 206 is normally packed with cars and large semi's!!!

206 is not downhill for 3 miles anywhere I that area.

terrible story rip, hit and run is totally unacceptable 2 wheels or 4

i don't think this was a hit & run

:hmmm:

Last edited:
soundz - dude - you're just being a lame hater - and honestly - what you are doing is far worse for this community than vanvan's post boosting - if there is an issue with van's post boosting - it should be addressed in PM format by mods - this 'calling out' is truly lame - even on a board like mtbr its lame - but to me its far worse on a board like this where you will actually meet the members on trails and such - 'tis shame - this place should be a welcoming one - not a place where people get slammed for an etiquette breach

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
'cause thats useful:rolleyes:

It helps regulate the community because we don't have enough time to read everything. It's really no different than your reporting a post. It's just a way to bring something to our attention.

The poster in question was warned once, and let a week go by and went and did it again. If you're been online for more than a good 20-30 minutes you'd know it's generally frowned upon. You can call it spamming or running up your post count or whatever. Point being, it's junk, and it's against the stated rules here. Doing it twice usually gets a poster banned for good. Call it experience - things usually don't go in a good direction after that.

We have a 30 post limit to sell anything. If you disagree with that, it's fine. But that's the rule for better or worse. If you come and try to jack up your posts to hit 30 in 1 day, you're going to get called out for it, and your posts will be deleted. You can roll your eyes online, which can be interpreted as obnoxious and rude, but it's not going to change the fact that these are the rules, and we don't want people coming in doing that.

I got sidetracked a bit. In a more close-knit community you're going to get open discussion about people who are pissing on your feet, such as this. So you may think that the issue should be addressed in PM, but at the same time if you going into a bar room full of regulars and shit on the floor, they're not going to take you out back and kick your ass. They're going to do it right there.

Sorry, I'm tired and that's the best I can do. I don't want to see another 6 letter post from this guy again. I had a lousy day yesterday and I'm tired right now. This ain't a democracy it's our lame-ass little puppet show, and I'm gonna close the homemade curtain on this act if I read another word about it. Once was enough, this is the second time. Let's not see strike 3 because it's really not necessary.

It helps regulate the community because we don't have enough time to read everything. It's really no different than your reporting a post. It's just a way to bring something to our attention.

The poster in question was warned once, and let a week go by and went and did it again. If you're been online for more than a good 20-30 minutes you'd know it's generally frowned upon. You can call it spamming or running up your post count or whatever. Point being, it's junk, and it's against the stated rules here. Doing it twice usually gets a poster banned for good. Call it experience - things usually don't go in a good direction after that.

We have a 30 post limit to sell anything. If you disagree with that, it's fine. But that's the rule for better or worse. If you come and try to jack up your posts to hit 30 in 1 day, you're going to get called out for it, and your posts will be deleted. You can roll your eyes online, which can be interpreted as obnoxious and rude, but it's not going to change the fact that these are the rules, and we don't want people coming in doing that.

I got sidetracked a bit. In a more close-knit community you're going to get open discussion about people who are pissing on your feet, such as this. So you may think that the issue should be addressed in PM, but at the same time if you going into a bar room full of regulars and shit on the floor, they're not going to take you out back and kick your ass. They're going to do it right there.

Sorry, I'm tired and that's the best I can do. I don't want to see another 6 letter post from this guy again. I had a lousy day yesterday and I'm tired right now. This ain't a democracy it's our lame-ass little puppet show, and I'm gonna close the homemade curtain on this act if I read another word about it. Once was enough, this is the second time. Let's not see strike 3 because it's really not necessary.

fair enough norm

MikeP

Holy detective work! Yeah not seeing anything worthwhile in that list, maybe the one. We've had some lame posts or short ones. But not 28 out of our first 30. That's the point. I'm sure this guy is cool, just follow the rules.

Last edited:

vanvanj

If you can, please provide me with a link to any other forum you belong to that shows you posting 30 useful bits of advice in an hour.

Your intentions arent genuine, all you want to do is sell your crap.

And by the way, you arent being singled out. We call out every shady poster.

your an a s s h o l e, I just wanted to tell you that and I will happily say it to your face too:)...see I am not someone like you who hides behind a computer to talk trash. I am selling 2 things, wow, congratulations you caught me, you act like I am doing something so immoral and illegal. It hurts me that you are a fellow Yankees fan. FML for knowing that.

vanvanj

Please ban me ASAP than. I have mountain bike items for sale, this is a MTB forum. I don't see the big deal here but obviously these issues are frowned upon. Go figure, you should charge a membership for this "club". I am personally sorry that you had a lousy day yesterday my friend and I am actually hoping that you will be the one to close the curtain on me because deep down I really do believe that it will give you that little amount of excitement and joy that voided you yesterday. See ya on the trails:)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Please ban me ASAP than. I have mountain bike items for sale, this is a MTB forum. I don't see the big deal here but obviously these issues are frowned upon. Go figure, you should charge a membership for this "club". I am personally sorry that you had a lousy day yesterday my friend and I am actually hoping that you will be the one to close the curtain on me because deep down I really do believe that it will give you that little amount of excitement and joy that voided you yesterday. See ya on the trails:)

I don't really think you're sorry I had a bad day. I am shocked and saddened that you're lying to me.

I'm not going to ban you because frankly, I'm too lazy. Plus like you, I think you'll get satisfaction from it. Also, I think you're young, and just angry about this 1 thing. I get the impression that you're not a bad guy/kid or anything. I was an asshole once. Wait, let me rephrase that. I used to be an asshole like 50% of the time. Now it's much less, though I admit that I still have my moments. Maybe 5% of the time? Ok, no more than 10%, I swear.

Anyway, it's just the way the rules are setup. Your vote against them has been duly recorded. I assure you that you're not alone in thinking the rules are dumb - a lot of the regulars agree with you. Frankly I don't even remember the conversation about 30 post minimums. I often waive that, though it's when people get in touch with me. I think we're just trying to prevent people spamming the site with eBay ads. Not that it happens that often, but I guess it did happen. Well, at least once.

Anywho, hope you're having a good Monday. I'm still tired from the weekend, personally. Why are you being so mean to Walter? I don't really get that part of this exchange.

Pat

Just throwing this out there, but maybe there should be a 30 day or 45 day grace period and 30 posts where you cannot sell, then after that you can. Right now there is only a 30 post count rule. could help keeps this stuff to a min.

--Soundz if I need someone to stalk my Ex's, I am calling you. lol :)

Shaggz

A strong 7
I banned him, because no one can be mean to Walter unless they are in the inner circle.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
Actually it's just 2 days on the box. Pat, I like the idea of a cool off period before posting in the classifieds.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Man, an unprecedented amount of springtime bannings this year. Can it be attributed to the mild winter we had?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I banned him, because no one can be mean to Walter unless they are in the inner circle.

Oh well, I tried. I suspected someone might come along and do it anyway. I'm not going to fall on my sword and demand you let my friend back in. We Assholes have to stick together, though.

Keep firing, Assholes!

No, seriously, I don't think this is a bad guy. He just feels like he's being singled out. Of course, most of us know he's not. It's just what happens here. I'm predicting a long career for our friend vanvanj. Or not. Maybe he's really Sock Puppet 6?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i say no post min. as long as the regulars get 40% off asking price.

If we're going to make this our club lets take full advantage.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I reconsidered and gave him 2 days. I would have stayed out of it, but the "asshole" comment was unwarranted. You would have banned yourself if you did the same.

Top Bottom