Tips For Selling

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Selling used bikes is not easy, potential buyers will tune out instantly if some basic info is lacking. In order to ease frustration of sellers as well as buyers I put together some pointers for selling used bikes. This list of criteria is a must for selling:
  • size of bike
  • picture of bike(gotta see it)
  • price of bike
  • condition(be honest)
Don't post your bike until you have photo, allot of sellers will post photos to follow or email for pics. Having pictures in your 1st post will get better results.
Give brief description of components and reason for selling.
As far as price goes don't go too high, while your 10 year old bike may have sentimental value to you chances are its not worth what your asking. My rule of thumb is think of how much you want for it than cut that number in half, thats what you'll probably get. If you can't live with that price keep it as a beater. :)

The Kalmyk

Excellent post up Poo the Cyclist:D...Sellers don't forget to post up components as well...If ya got a little bling on your bike that could tip the scale your way if the buyer is teetering between two bikes

biglou52

Help with new frames for sale

I have never posted before and ma looking to sell three mtn frames. How do I
do that?

Thanks
BigLou52

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have never posted before and ma looking to sell three mtn frames. How do I
do that?

Thanks
BigLou52

You need a minimum of 30 posts to post an ad in the classifieds. The idea is to encourage participation on the forum. If your next 29 posts are garbage, thoughtless, filler just to get you to 30, they will end up getting deleted and you'll never make it to 30. I've seen it happen many times.

My suggestion is to either bribe the moderators, or go to the "First timers" section on the site and introduce yourself and start there...

enjoy

JSVKona2006

any way to get around posting more than 30 times?
ive been a member of this site for a couple years, i just never post.
But I would like to post something for sale. any way to cheat the system?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
any way to get around posting more than 30 times?
ive been a member of this site for a couple years, i just never post.
But I would like to post something for sale. any way to cheat the system?

This kind of post is usually all you need. Post it in General and one of us will move it.

vanvanj

You need a minimum of 30 posts to post an ad in the classifieds. The idea is to encourage participation on the forum. If your next 29 posts are garbage, thoughtless, filler just to get you to 30, they will end up getting deleted and you'll never make it to 30. I've seen it happen many times.

My suggestion is to either bribe the moderators, or go to the "First timers" section on the site and introduce yourself and start there...

enjoy

I unfortunalty have witnessed this first hand, although in complete fairness I was not filling or giving thoughless posts, I am an avid rider and donater to this site even though I am quite new:)

ebineezer

I unfortunalty have witnessed this first hand, although in complete fairness I was not filling or giving thoughless posts, I am an avid rider and donater to this site even though I am quite new:)

you have 29 posts so far today :hmmm:

vanvanj

you have 29 posts so far today :hmmm:

Yes I have a busy life so when I have down time which is rare but in this case I am watching the Masters and searching the site, I don't understand the issue or problem with that? Also did I break any rules posting multiple bikes for sale?? Can someone please PM me, I don't understand why posts get deleted....makes no sense at all and a complete waste of my time to be honest. Lets meet a 6M to discuss since no one wants to PM on here. smh

I Ride Bikes

Many of your posts were short answers contributing nothing to the thread. It usually indicates someone trying to make the minimum post requirement to sell an item on the aite.

vanvanj

Many of your posts were short answers contributing nothing to the thread. It usually indicates someone trying to make the minimum post requirement to sell an item on the aite.

I disagree, how can you single me out and tell me my posts are not good enough? I think I have contributed but its all good my friend.

I disagree, how can you single me out and tell me my posts are not good enough? I think I have contributed but its all good my friend.

+1 mike - i'm not sure why you are getting grief for throwing down posts - even if it was to get your post min so you could advertise a sale(s)

some folks have too much time on there hands to hate on b.s. like that

and thats just my 2 cents

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
+1 mike - i'm not sure why you are getting grief for throwing down posts - even if it was to get your post min so you could advertise a sale(s)

some folks have too much time on there hands to hate on b.s. like that

and thats just my 2 cents

I ask myself a couple things before I post.
Is it relevant?
Do I have anything to add? (EX: if someone is asking for opinions on a tire, and I've only used one model, my opinion is fairly useless).
Lacking all that, I will sometimes post if I think it's humorous and someone might get a chuckle.
I also try to check my spelling and punctuation, as it reflects on how I come across and also shows I care enough about others on the board to make my posts readable. There are a lot of people on this board with a great deal of knowledge and experience regarding this sport.

I just bought a pair of michelin xc's, wondering to go tubeless..

IMHO, that kinda doesn't cut it. Which is why vanvanj is getting his chops busted some.:D

vanvanj

I ask myself a couple things before I post.
Is it relevant?
Do I have anything to add? (EX: if someone is asking for opinions on a tire, and I've only used one model, my opinion is fairly useless).
Lacking all that, I will sometimes post if I think it's humorous and someone might get a chuckle.
I also try to check my spelling and punctuation, as it reflects on how I come across and also shows I care enough about others on the board to make my posts readable. There are a lot of people on this board with a great deal of knowledge and experience regarding this sport.

IMHO, that kinda doesn't cut it. Which is why vanvanj is getting his chops busted some.:D

Thanks guys I guess I shouldn't of went to college after all:) lol
I did just buy those tires, didn't mount them yet because I am not sure to go tubeless or not...hmm

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did just buy those tires, didn't mount them yet because I am not sure to go tubeless or not...hmm

Never mind...
facepalm-500x4001.jpg

MikeP

Attachments

• star_wars_you_fail.jpg
    star_wars_you_fail.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 30

walter

Fourth Party

If you can, please provide me with a link to any other forum you belong to that shows you posting 30 useful bits of advice in an hour.

Your intentions arent genuine, all you want to do is sell your crap.

And by the way, you arent being singled out. We call out every shady poster.

Top Bottom