Time to buy a snowblower...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good to know it most likely is e free

also you can buy fuel from a marine place NOW and stabilize it for use through the winter, just dont fill the machine yet, its the fuel in the carb that causes problems not fuel sitting in your gas can. (at least in terms of the length of time we are starting).

I buy 5 gallons of fuel every novemberish just for the snow blower to make sure i dont run out mid storm.

one piece crank

Any place that sells fuel for boats is typically ethanol free or at least should be. Ethanol is bad news around moisture.

Unfortunately no, ethanol-free gasoline is banned in NJ (with exception to avgas and racing fuel). You can get marine fuel like "ValvTect Marine Gasoline", which still has ethanol but is formulated to try and avoid the usual maring/ethanol complications.

Dingo

I don't have honda money
I agree they are pricey. We had a track model at work, friggin near impossible to maneuver. Most storms it sat in the corner and guys would grab a shovel instead. That thing was over $2k and that was 12 yrs ago.

Ariens is a good value. And they are family owned company with good customer support.

rlb

+1 on the older Tecumseh snow kings. I snagged a used Ariens with the snow king when I bought my house 5 years ago and it's been super reliable. Even though I drain the fuel system (carb bowl included) at the end of every winter it still winds up needing a good cleaning, or the needle doesn't seat and the bowl leaks. Other than that, it starts on the first pull every time.

serviceguy

go on CL and find an older model with a Tecumseh Snow King engine. I have a "crappy" MTD snowblower with it and it starts on the first pull every year. It did lose a number screws last year so its time for a tune up after leaf season is over.

I've got the same, about 20 yrs old too. Other than the 'screwy' thingy that rotates the chute the snowblower works great. I can't do without one in my area, even though last snowstorm was more about the chainsaw than the snowblower.

I Ride Bikes

Unfortunately no, ethanol-free gasoline is banned in NJ (with exception to avgas and racing fuel). You can get marine fuel like "ValvTect Marine Gasoline", which still has ethanol but is formulated to try and avoid the usual maring/ethanol complications.
That makes sense, being NJ. Our boat/jetski is in another state. Every gas station on the water is ethanal free.

thegock

Get a 8hp or 9hp engine. Go B1G or go home. They last 5-10 years with heavy use and (drum roll) proper maintenance.

Get extra shear pins as above posters mentioned and @ least 5 gallons of gas. Do it now.Like Mike IMG_20170107_131030 (002).jpg

Top Bottom