Time to buy a snowblower...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
has it snowed in the last couple years?
pay the local kids?

Danimal

Track drive is where its at! I have a quad,a heavy one with a plow and it is a beast, but it has its limitations with deeper snow and long passes. You can't beat the fun factor though

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
dont buy a recent (3-4 year old or newer) ariens, they switched to a chinese made engine about that time, and the place i bought my toro from recommended to stay away from it (my snow blower is about 2 years old).

also DO NOT buy something like this from home depot or lowes, go find a local place that sells power equipment and talk to them, they will be your friend if you need service on it that you cannot or do not want to do yourself, and if you bought it from them you will likely get faster service than someone buying a HD or Lowes model.

that said, what we found out was that the toros were the model to have when we got ours(they use their own engine on it, which the place we purchased from said they have seen no (or very few) issues with), we have a 928 which is an absolute beast and quite likely overkill, but for the shape of our driveway we figured we would make sure we were covered.

also keep in mind that the joystick style chute control (which is on about 90% of new machines) is pretty hit or miss, try it out before you buy it, the toro was the only one i tried that had a consistently functional control stick.

Not sure where you live, but if your close to Riverdale i suggest stopping into Riverdale power mower on Hamburg Turnpike to shop around (thats where we bought ours from)

xc62701

I bought a 28" Ariens 3 years ago and it has been great. Buy extra shear pins for the auger though. I found a welcome mat that I forgot to take up last winter the broke most of them and gave me a fun project to remove. It's actually going back to the shop I bought it from on a couple of weeks for preventative maintenance. I agree with the empty the fuel and run it dry thought. Don't let any fuel sit in it when not being used.

one piece crank

Buy the biggest one you can afford and store. If possible don't run ethanol-laced fuel in it. Running it dry is good, but for storage you need to physcially drain the carb fuel bowl.

BPaze

as per usual to mtbnj this thread has gone wide left I blame OOS
This is probably one of your better threads some decent advise, especially that guy that said to make your 19-month-old do it. I mean he will be like 21-22 months by the time snow comes around.

Top Bottom