Time Atax Xc replacement springs ??

TonyC

Hi, anyone know where to source Time Atac springs? I must have clipped a rock which snapped clip/spring mechanism.
I've scoured the internet but got nada
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thx
Tony

Last edited:

ilnadi

their customer service (info@timesportusa.com) is pretty responsive.
I just bought new cleats to continue using my two Atacs another decade

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You used to be able to buy all the Time ATAC replacement parts from the usual suspects online (the ones that just front-end the QBP catalog).
Like dis one!:

I've been using ATACs since 1998 and don't see myself switching. Definitely not for egg beaters.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Love my Time but man they do not last me very long. They use to rebuild them for you but that stopped a few years ago. I must have like 6 broken pairs in a box so if anyone knows a repair place please chime in.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You used to be able to buy all the Time ATAC replacement parts from the usual suspects online (the ones that just front-end the QBP catalog).Like dis one!:

Shipping Not Available
icon_ship_truck.png

Shipping not available

Pickup Not Available
icon_pickup_bike.png

Pickup not available

goodvibe

I have been using them also since 1998, but unfortunately, the plastic one and carbon ones have not been made as well as the aluminum ones were. I have sent many back lately on warranty, and I have been going through a lot of them lately, especially with the bikes with the lower bottom brackets. I actually have a set of XT pedals in queue for when my times finally go.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I think the Time pedal repair instructions are the same as Crank Bros pedals.
1: remove pedals
2: throw pedals in garbage
3: install Shimano pedals

^As much as I am a huge Time fanboy (since mid-90's and till now), I had a good chuckle at this.

goodvibe

I wanted to give an update regarding my broken pedal clip spring thing.
I sent an email to info@timesportusa.com last week and got response from their after sales rep in customer service warranty dept today.
Two more quick emails and they are sending out replacement part. Great cust service!
Thanks Mtbnj for the help
TonyC
I had the same experience. Glad you got your parts replaced!

littlev21

hey all if your are reading this, maybe Time's are your thing. I have a set which I always say I'll install and never do. They are like 8 years old, if not older, but only used once. Cleats included. $30 or OBO, or trade some some Shimanos in similar shape.

and I really wish I could figure out how to add the picture here.....

Last edited:

w_b

yea as I mentioned before just another reason to run flats. a lot less to worry abooot.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
hey all if your are reading this, maybe Time's are your thing. I have a set which I always say I'll install and never do. They are like 8 years old, if not older, but only used once. Cleats included. $30 or OBO, or trade some some Shimanos in similar shape.

and I really wish I could figure out how to add the picture here.....
which ones?? alum or plastic or carbon??

icolquhoun

I've been running time atacs on all my bikes since mid 90's and even have a set of the original ti carbons with yellow plates still running strong on my gravel grinder after possibly 50k miles on them.

I just switched to shimano's on all my bikes due to breaking no less than 10 sets (yes you read that correctly) of time pedal's "arches" Some on the first ride, and despite what some may say, this NOT 100% attributable to pedal strikes, although I admit one or two out of the 10 were rocksmash related.

Time DOES NOT stand behind their product anymore. I sent them 4 PAIRS of pedals all purchased in the past year, some with receipts less than 2 mnths old and they sent them back saying they were not fixable. I have been pushing the pins/springs, scrounging dead sets on ebay, and rebuilding them frankenstein style to keep myself running, but after having one fail in Telluride's bike park inexplicably and another leading me to eject horrifically at The Glen last week for absolutely no reason whatsoever, I decided for my own self-preservation to relegate them to my parts bin.

I have PLENTY of Time parts if your interested, just PM me ;)

Top Bottom