TIG Frame Welding in Northern NJ

serviceguy

Any TIG welder in the Northern NJ area that would be capable of solid and possibly good looking beads on a vintage aluminum frame ?

Fire Lord Jim

Art's Radiator in Flemington. He can weld anything. I brought him a scandium frame that separated at the weld. He researched argon shielding, and then welded scandium, something he had never worked with. He does aluminum all day long.

JakeKelly74

Are you still working guys? I need someone to help welding an aluminum frame. I have an old bike that needs some love from a tig welder. I want to buy a cheap welder for beginners, but I found a lot of them in google. For example, in just 2 minutes I found 10 welders woahtech.com. And From what I see these are good from my point of view, but my point of view is not always correct. I don`t know what to do and what welder will work for aluminum. So, I need someone that is experienced in this field and say something about these welders.

Last edited:

mtbiker87

Art's Radiator in Flemington. He can weld anything. I brought him a scandium frame that separated at the weld. He researched argon shielding, and then welded scandium, something he had never worked with. He does aluminum all day long.
I used to work in a race shop, and witnessed Art's work. We sold lots of his dirt mod, sprint car, late model stuff. Quality workmanship for sure.

Johnny Utah

@Dave Taylor is a magician!
2CC5972F-E92A-441B-9EEC-8542705CF139.jpeg

jlukianov

I have a Trek Stache 8 with aluminum frame who's bottle cage boss came undone and is just spinning in place. Anyone out there that can weld it back to new?
Update: my post wasn’t exactly clear, my rivnut has come detached, but the bolt is still inside and snapped, no way to grab the rivnut to pull out bolt, as you can see in pic what I did to frame trying. Ugh.

Attachments

• 1F18DAD3-4C92-4D21-93CB-2208EF2FADD3.jpeg
    1F18DAD3-4C92-4D21-93CB-2208EF2FADD3.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Top Bottom