Ti or carbon

THATmanMANNY

Gary, been years. I may or may not drop by tomorrow!

tarmac disc etap fell off the back of truck sale? :D

------

Always wanted a ti bike but boutique Ti brands are outta my budget. I like the GTs triple.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
some may disagree with me but that GT triple triangle is pretty timeless....make that in Ti and you have a frame that will stand the test of time and proabably hold a lot more resale value in the long run.

My brother picked up the Ti Xizang 29er from Jenson when they were on clearance. it was a great value.

Speaking of, I just rebuilt a GT ti road bike this week at the shop. I used to have a Xizang and wanted the matching road bike and couldn't afford it at the time. I was a huge GT fan through the 90's.

Blair

Gary, been years. I may or may not drop by tomorrow!

tarmac disc etap fell off the back of truck sale? :D

------

Always wanted a ti bike but boutique Ti brands are outta my budget. I like the GTs triple.

Salsa colossal Ti? I think that's the most reasonable price for a bike but 2015 might be the last year for that. With the recent changeovers to disc brakes I'm holding out for thru axle disc.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Salsa colossal Ti? I think that's the most reasonable price for a bike but 2015 might be the last year for that. With the recent changeovers to disc brakes I'm holding out for thru axle disc.

Doesn't the new Colossal Ti have f/r thru axle already (15mm front/142x12 rear)?

Ian F

Given the choice between the two bikes in the OP, I'd go with the GT. Just looks cooler.

Otherwise, my next road bike will have disc brakes.

THATmanMANNY

IMG_2245.JPG
IMG_2250.JPG

WINNER WINNER

Wurwurwurwurwur (carbon wheel effects)

Top Bottom