@mbruno - the car is due for an oil change probably soon. So that's good timing
1554473171822.png

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Same time same place. This Thursday.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another fast paced Thursday night ride. Jeremy called out so we subbed in Dave Taylor, who was in peak form and crushed it with Matt Bruno. Me and Jeff let those 2 do most of the work up front.

I liked my aluminum wheels over the carbon last week. Rigid bike, carbon fork and carbon wheels feels too harsh on rocks, plus I run slightly higher psi in tires when running carbon wheels, trying not to destroy them again. I'm gonna stick with aluminum wheels on rocks, it softens the ride and I can run less tire pressure which allows the bike to track easier.

20190411_203806.jpg

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Another fast paced Thursday night ride. Jeremy called out so we subbed in Dave Taylor, who was in peak form and crushed it with Matt Bruno. Me and Jeff let those 2 do most of the work up front.

I liked my aluminum wheels over the carbon last week. Rigid bike, carbon fork and carbon wheels feels too harsh on rocks, plus I run slightly higher psi in tires when running carbon wheels, trying not to destroy them again. I'm gonna stick with aluminum wheels on rocks, it softens the ride and I can run less tire pressure which allows the bike to track easier.

View attachment 92714
It was definitely a fun one. I rode gears and my enduro wheels on the full sus. I still couldn't drop @pooriggy on the decents on his rigid hardtail.Atleast we had a change of pace with @mbruno flatting instead of the normal Iggy flat. CR is definitely fun on suspension.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 92714
@pooriggy is that a "tickle me @Dave Taylor"?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20190411_160045.jpg

Interesting. While sitting in my car waiting for CR peeps to show up for ride, DT pulls up as I'm texting with Norm. Norm informs he that he was in DTs backyard riding earlier and now Dave is in Norms backyard. I can't help but feel that they connected today on some level when Dave finds mtbing with suspension to be fun at CR and Norm declares Hartshorne fun to mtb. Maybe I'm the conduit in all this or the ignitor?

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@mbruno how wide them bars doooooooi
Yeah... Need to cut a cm off each end. Found out the hard way a couple times they're too wide. The new bike was spec'd w/ 720 mm, which was waaay to narrow, super sketchy descending. Ordered up some 760s, which was the stock size on my scalpel, and felt good. But nicking trees a bit much. 760 mm is too wide right? Even with my broad, masculine shoulders?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i think my SS is 760 right now, which seems good. my scalpel still has 740s? depends on how enduro bro you wanna be i guess

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If it’s too muddy on Thursday, would anyone be interested in a road ride? Same ish starting spot, 90-120 minutes?

Top Bottom