Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thursday Night Chimney Rock rides are back for 2018

This is just a copy and paste of the first post of this thread for this ride, but I wanted to reiterate what this ride is all about.

Firstly, ALL ARE WELCOME

This is for people looking to get a hard ride in on Thursday nights. The pace is usually a Cat 1 tempo/Cat 2 race pace, although this may change. The real fireworks usually happen in the second half of the ride, but you should expect a hard effort regardless. If you're not sure, ask us. We're nice. And honest.

We typically do a loop that allows for people to drop at their own will and still be close to the lot if they want. We hit the further yellow/High tech stuff later in the ride.

This is NOT a no drop ride. If you fall behind, there is no promise the pack will be waiting for you at the top of the hill. This is not meant to be unfriendly, or a dick move, we just want to eliminate the "stop and go, stop and go", which is a drag.

It is suggested to bring the following:
  • Your own tools, pump, and tube to repair your bike.
  • A map or the ability to use your phone to find your way back to your vehicle in case you lose touch with the ride. You are responsible for yourself in case you get dropped.
  • Enough water. It gets hot.
  • Legs.
We usually try to meet around 5PM at the Newman’s lot, and be riding shortly thereafter. If you think you’ll show up a little later, post up and let us know. We can pick you up at the ball field lot, or after a red trail loop. Keep an eye on this thread for weekly updates.

Last, but not least: No whining

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1st one of 2018 is in the books. We had a quest appearance from Steve Mancuso, does he have a user name?
It felt good to be on the Thursday night ride, by July this ride can get mundane but now it feels fuckin good...even doe I flatted toward the end.
20180412_185946.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
How many tires you go through a year bro
I actually made it through most of last year on racing Ralph's and still use them. I was running too low pressure tonight, I'm gonna patch it and it will be fine. The question is how many co2s I use in a year.
When u gettin dem Valorz JP?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I was gonna ask which bike Iggy was riding, but the photos answered my question.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@pooriggy flatted I think in every race and on every ride I did with him last year and he still beat me everytime.
I flatted in Mooch and Blue mtn, I don't recommend racing Ralph's 2.10, not enough volume 2.35 are much better.
I am personally responsible for melting 85% of the polar ice caps with co2 emmision.

Top Bottom