Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thursday Night Chimney Rock rides are back for 2017.

I know there is another thread for this ride, but I wanted to start a new one and reiterate what this ride is all about.

This is for people looking to get a hard ride in on Thursday nights. The pace is usually a Cat 1 tempo/Cat 2 race pace, although this may change. The real fireworks usually happen in the second half of the ride, but you should expect a hard effort regardless. If you're not sure, ask us. We're nice. And honest.

We typically do a loop that allows for people to drop at their own will and still be close to the lot if they want. We hit the further yellow/High tech stuff later in the ride.

This is NOT a no drop ride. If you fall behind, there is no promise the pack will be waiting for you at the top of the hill. This is not meant to be unfriendly, or a dick move, we just want to eliminate the "stop and go, stop and go", which is a drag.

It is suggested to bring the following:
  • Your own tools, pump, and tube to repair your bike.
  • A map or the ability to use your phone to find your way back to your vehicle in case you lose touch with the ride. You are responsible for yourself in case you get dropped.
  • Enough water. It gets hot.
  • Legs.
We usually try to meet around 5PM at the Newman’s lot, and be riding shortly thereafter. If you think you’ll show up a little later, post up and let us know. We can pick you up at the ball field lot, or after a red trail loop. Keep an eye on this thread for weekly updates.

Last, but not least: No whining.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will add that if you are on the fence wether or not you can handle the pace, jump in now. You may get dropped but the more often you do the Thursday night ride, the more bearable it becomes.

And it is a drop ride but if Kirt or Woody have a mechanical we'll stop. If Jeremy flats we say later for you.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's the typical duration of the ride and avg speeds?

If I had to guess off the top of my head, avg speed will be around 9 mph, and duration is between 90 and 120 minutes.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think it may be a little too wet to have a group ride here tomorrow.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Being honest, with having a coach and training races til ssp I may not make it til the week after.It's tough but trying this discipline thing.

Ask your coach if he can work in these rides. That's what I do with Ken. These rides are awesome training opportunities as long as you do the right things leading up to and afterwards.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm shooting for wheels down at 5pm from Newman's.

If anyone wants to shown up later post up the time and we'll link you in.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I plan to get there earlier. Me, Woody and Taylor used to meet at 4ish, with wheels down around 4:30. I'll continue that tradition if anyone wants in earlier.

Top Bottom