Thursday 11/3 - 1:30PM

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Taking a half day to get some riding in. I'm planning on Tourne or Lewis Morris.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ended up at the Tourne and put in 4.6 Miles. About 2 miles in I started to hear a creaking from my drive train and couldn't figure out till all of a sudden SNAP! I broke my chain! :( Good thing I had a missing link in my bag so I was in business again after a few minutes. Climbed to the top and then took the north side down by the new bridges. Bike handled really well but I can see how easy it would be to go **over the bars** with this new geometry. Everything was good, had a blast and then all the way at the bottom I cross a log and flip head over landing on my elbow. I did manage to hold my bike up off the ground and safely place it on the ground though. I mean, that's what matters right? :lol: My arm was kinda stunned for a few minutes and I couldn't really move it but I hopped back on the bike and worked it out. Decided it would be best to work my way back to the car before something else breaks on me. Now my elbow is swollen and sore as a MF'r! And I gave up sportbikes because I thought they were dangerous

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Jason said:
Ended up at the Tourne and put in 4.6 Miles. About 2 miles in I started to hear a creaking from my drive train and couldn't figure out till all of a sudden SNAP! I broke my chain! :( Good thing I had a missing link in my bag so I was in business again after a few minutes. Climbed to the top and then took the north side down by the new bridges. Bike handled really well but I can see how easy it would be to go **over the bars** with this new geometry. Everything was good, had a blast and then all the way at the bottom I cross a log and flip head over landing on my elbow. I did manage to hold my bike up off the ground and safely place it on the ground though. I mean, that's what matters right? :lol: My arm was kinda stunned for a few minutes and I couldn't really move it but I hopped back on the bike and worked it out. Decided it would be best to work my way back to the car before something else breaks on me. Now my elbow is swollen and sore as a MF'r! And I gave up sportbikes because I thought they were dangerous

it would have been nice to get that on video! a slo mo of you saving your bike from hitting the ground too hard... priceless i am sure. ;)

Top Bottom