Thompson Park (JAMESBURG) ride Sunday 4:30pm :)

my buddy works weekends so we go later in the day. We do about a 5 mile ride on any given sunday... it's hilly and a lot of beginners come so we stop often to regroup - but it's always at the top of a hill that starts back off with a downhill ;) If you're local, come ride! we start at the bottom of "death hill" and ride up to the top to warm up. if you enter the park from forsgate drive, make the first left and just follow it to the end, past the petting zoo.

again, this is for jamesburg thompson park - not the other one! :D

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
looks like a very nice loop. so you started off in the middle by the spring, eh? i'm not a huge fan of that fire road with the washouts and all... it's like riding down a giant staircase... but one of your first points to hit is my favorite spot... the back side of the blue trail :) i love that downhill and the climb right after. I'm also a huge fan of riding the red trail in both directions, as you did. after blue crosses over red is fun aside from having to walk up the side of the hill via the staircase... i just took that trail the other day for the first time, in fact. going sunday if you want to join! probably around 4 :)
We actually started by the Zoo, bottom of "Death Hill"
I had no idea where I was going, my buddy was leading. I was mostly confused the whole time but it was fun. :D
Maybe I'll join you on Sunday but I'm not sure yet. I have something to take care of at Mercer...
If not, I'll catch you another time.

yea but you made the left at the spring instead of taking death hill to the very top... that's where the weird green trail staircase (washout prevention) is located. I stay away from that trail.

Glad you enjoyed the ride though! I love that little park. I call it mini-clayton. as you can attest, you can get a good ride out of it and by taking everything both ways, you see just how different the attitude of the trails are in either direction. coming down from where yellow intersects red down to the roots by the brook I call the rollercoaster... coming from the roots headed toward the aforementioned starting point my buddy refers to as "ugh!" because the climbs just after the roots can get ugly. I've been there probably 15-20 times or more and I still have yet to explore everything. I know the orange trail is just a buzzkill because it cuts you off from the yellow trail downhill section so i've always passed that one by and as i said until recent, i had not been down that top section of blue. I did, however, fall in love with the hillside downhill bits of blue not long ago although the mud pit at the bottom of the drop is a little daunting and annoying... nothing a gravel pile or a ladder bridge wouldn't fix, though! ;) The one thing I think thompson could use, though, are some 6 mile-esque bridges and things... one can dream :)

but yea... 4-430 in the parking lot at the bottom of death hill on sunday! :D

yes it exists. i've been there a few times. it starts inside the obstacle course next to the baseball field. you have to make a left about 15 feet into it and go past the trip wires and such

but the last time i was there, the lower right hand portion of white was blocked by fallen trees... they may have cleaned it up tho. i'll try to report on it this weekend :)

ok so quick correction... to find the white trail (which i HIGHLY recommend if you have a full squish!) you go into the obstacle course and make a left so that you pass the hanging tire swing... the trip wires are on the RIGHT, not the left. once you get in there, blast around the dirt bike pit and hit the two jumps at the bottoms of the hills... super fun! the white trail is more primitive than the rest of the park but the climbs, descents and twists are well worth it! make sure you hang left through most of the ride so you take the long way out :D hopefully they'll map out more stuff in that area... a connecting trail from the main trail set to the white trail would be nice :p

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Isnt there a gravel road that goes behind the school? Can you use it to get to the white trail?

From the map it looks as though the white trail is an "out and back" and not a loop

Isnt there a gravel road that goes behind the school? Can you use it to get to the white trail?

From the map it looks as though the white trail is an "out and back" and not a loop

the entrances to the trails are via the obstacle course or in 3 points around the soccer fields but i'd recommend going through it via the obstacle course and then coming back the other way

yea, it's an out and back but it's really fun. from the looks of what they've been doing, we should be seeing a bunch of new stuff soon... they blazed an entirely new leg of the green trail, added new bridges to white and did a lot of sandy cleanup lately so i'm hoping that sooner or later they'll use the unblazed portions around the white trail for some new loops... i can't seem to find an email address on the middlesex county website to contact anyone or else i would put a bug in their ear :p

the best part of white is the dirtbike track if you have F/S (which i know you have :D) but also the white trail itself is just a cool ride. the main trail section has a lot of loops you can do

Top Bottom